Can you silence the click?
    11-10-08 09:11 AM
    Hmm, I was under the impression that the actual click was a physical sound, not one made by audio/speaker. So if I'm right then no you cannot silence the click!
    11-10-08 09:14 AM
    I thought it just "felt" like a click and there was no sound i could be wrong
    11-10-08 09:16 AM
    Think of the sound when you click a real button, and there you go!
    11-10-08 09:18 AM
    yeah its kind of hard to tell.
    11-10-08 09:18 AM
    I played with dummy version of the Storm at my local Best Buy and it made no noise when I was physically pushing the button. I am told that the dummy versions is exactly what the phone will be like except no electronic guts.
    11-10-08 09:19 AM
    Can you silence the click?
    I hope so, as much as I text during meetings, lectures, etc., it might be a deal-killer for me if it can't be silenced.
    11-10-08 09:33 AM
    I heard you actually have to say 'click' to get it to work....
    11-10-08 09:36 AM
    Actually, while it's voice-activated, it's context sensitive voice-activation. You're required to say "pen!s!" in a loud, conversational tone. You can also speak a one-word ethnic slur, if you prefer (any ethnic slur will work).

This was done to cut back on people using the device during meetings, instead of paying attention at the meeting.

However, if you can convince your boss that you've got a nasty case of Tourrete's, you should be fine.

On a side-note, while the "click" of the screen might make a slight sound, there is a "keypress sound" that can be enabled/disabled via the software. I think it's enabled by default (at least in the simulator).
    11-10-08 09:44 AM
    WOW! Great first post! j/k i did chuckle for a few seconds when i read that. I pictured myself sitting in a meeting just saying click click click over and over, lol
    11-10-08 09:45 AM
    That should be their commercial, everyone walking around saying click.

Or maybe the device says click for you, instead of making the click sound. It is the digital age after all.....
    11-10-08 09:55 AM
    Actually, while it's voice-activated, it's context sensitive voice-activation. You're required to say "pen!s!" in a loud, conversational tone. You can also speak a one-word ethnic slur, if you prefer (any ethnic slur will work).

This was done to cut back on people using the device during meetings, instead of paying attention at the meeting.

However, if you can convince your boss that you've got a nasty case of Tourrete's, you should be fine.

On a side-note, while the "click" of the screen might make a slight sound, there is a "keypress sound" that can be enabled/disabled via the software. I think it's enabled by default (at least in the simulator).
    Yeah, I tried that first one "pen!s" and I got an error saying my command was too short. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN??
    11-10-08 09:57 AM
    WOW! Great first post! j/k i did chuckle for a few seconds when i read that. I pictured myself sitting in a meeting just saying click click click over and over, lol
    Thanks, couldnt resist.

Everyone else, sorry to make jokes about a topic that is certainly a serious matter. Im just in a good mood because I think I finally decided to get a Thunder Storm. With a name like that, there should be a standard weather program in it. Oops, nuther joke, sorry.
    11-10-08 10:00 AM
    lol!! too funny. i was wondering the same thing as well. I would think it would actually click and you could silence it.
    11-10-08 04:13 PM
    i doubt it will be an audio click but maby .... it was very loud in the videos .. so maby
    11-10-08 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD