So I decided to get rid of the business card trick and did the T6 screw trick. After about a week and a half, it started to restart itself 5 to 10 times a day and kept getting signal errors. Thought it was .113 but then I thought about downgrading but thought about it again and remembered it worked well for 5 days without any issues.

I re-trace all my steps and uninstalled some apps, nothing seemed to work. I did a battery pull (Not software, but a physical battery pull) and I noticed one of the screw was really loose so I tightened both screws back up and phone hasn't rebooted yet.

I only gave the screws a small turn but I guess enough vibrations caused it to cause some sort of loose connection somewhere.
    04-07-09 10:55 PM
    weird :O
    hasn't happened to me.
    Let us know how it goes!
    04-08-09 12:09 AM
    Okay, so break down the direction... tighter makes a better click? That is what I'd assume, but I'm going to try it on my wife's phone when I find a good tool.
    04-08-09 12:24 AM
    This is why I'm going to do it to my wife's phone and not mine!

Where did that other post go? no I look like a tool for talking to myself!
    04-08-09 01:01 AM
    Lol you sound like a real honest husband.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 01:36 AM
    Lol you sound like a real honest husband.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    lol

10char
    04-08-09 06:29 AM
    Okay, so break down the direction... tighter makes a better click? That is what I'd assume, but I'm going to try it on my wife's phone when I find a good tool.
    Believe it or not, no - generally the screws are too tight, and loosening them about a half turn to a full turn each improves the screen click.
    04-08-09 06:56 AM
    For some phones, it needed to be tighter and some phones needed to be loose. It worked well but now I'm back to the business card trick instead. Been 56.07 hours and no random reboots or SIM card errors.
    04-08-09 07:53 AM
    Another reason not to mess with the screws. They are tight for a reason people. The screws actually keep the sandwich of the screen, motherboard, SIM cage/back panel, and front panel of phone together in the middle. Loosening those screws causes SIM card and battery connector issues sometimes.

If you want a good fix, look for mine in the Help/FAQ section. It works pretty well if you absolutely need something simple and effective.
    04-08-09 10:06 AM
    Does the screw method void the warranty? Im assuming the 2nd screw is under that red sticker...and removing that will cause a problem.
    04-08-09 10:27 AM
    You don't need to loosen the screws much at all. Use a pin to remove the red sticker, so you can stick it back on when you are done tightening/loosening.
    04-08-09 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD