Hey all, I was just wondering (especially for you early adopters) if your button in the screen has gotten looser. Looser as in easier to press down? It is hardware, so isn't it susceptible to getting less 'firm'? (if firm is the right word)
    12-20-08 08:17 PM
    My button does seem to have worn down, but in a different way. In some areas the click is different then others, and it even sounds different. Not sure how this button thing is gonna last in the long run.
    12-20-08 08:20 PM
    umm honestly i have noticed a difference from when i first had it to now.. its seemed to almost got worked in or something .. idk hard to describe.
    12-20-08 08:21 PM
    I did the T6 fix and got a bit carried away, so a week later I had to retighten the screws about a half a turn, but over 100 texts and emails a day, no noticeable difference.
    12-20-08 08:22 PM
    The hardware revision which corrected the screen click defect on early 9530's has to do with the screen backing plate. In the defective (I've gone through two already) version of the 9530 hardware, the push screen backing plate is made of a plastic polymer and it usually loses it's sensitivity after a short period of time. In the revison, the backing plate is made of aluminum, and has a longer lifespan. VZW knows about the issue but will only replace your hardware in the event that the screen click does fail.
    12-20-08 08:25 PM
    bottom doesnt release as fast. had mine about 2 weeks, exchanging when i return from vacation, it got hard to text or email because it doesnt release as fast
    12-20-08 08:26 PM
    Well, the bottem area seems to click lightly compared to the rest. I think over time that eventually it will all get light from continuious use. Which I guess is normal. The phone is phenominal though. I love it! It had 75 already installed when I got it. Get it on the 11th of this month so I guess I got part of the better batch.
    12-20-08 08:32 PM
    Time will tell how quickly it will degrade...but for now mine works great!
    12-20-08 08:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD