My VZW screen protectors are working great, they just show fingerprints incredibly easy. To clean this off is it ok to put windex on a paper towel and wipe it down, or is there a better, safer way to clean the screen protector
    01-04-09 01:52 PM
    I would think that'd be safe as long as the paper towel isn't dripping or completely drenched. I usually just use my shirt to wipe it off though because I hate the linty stuff left behind by tissues or paper towels.
    01-04-09 01:55 PM
    I tried the shirt method, but it doesn't take the smudges off. some type of liquid is needed, and i'm more than willing to use spit if its necessary
    01-04-09 01:59 PM
    Lol, I'm pretty sure a little bit of windex would work just fine.
    01-04-09 01:59 PM
    A lightly misted microfiber cloth.
    01-04-09 02:03 PM
    I feel like Verizon owes us a response on this one !
    01-04-09 04:46 PM
    It's a f*cking TOUCH SCREEN !
    Wipe your hands after shoveling chips in your pie hole !
    Windex and your dam T-Shirt...
    not that difficult to figure out...
    01-04-09 04:48 PM
    theres always oil on hands xxfire, not that difficult to figure out
    and i want it to look good, not that difficult to figure out
    and windex didnt work, it left smears
    so chill out
    01-04-09 08:27 PM
    It's a f*cking TOUCH SCREEN !
    Wipe your hands after shoveling chips in your pie hole !
    Windex and your dam T-Shirt...
    not that difficult to figure out...
    I don't know about everyone else but aren't there things called natural oils...found on fingers, hair, and your face?

Microfiber cloth is just fine
    01-04-09 08:30 PM
    theres always oil on hands xxfire, not that difficult to figure out
    and i want it to look good, not that difficult to figure out
    and windex didnt work, it left smears
    so chill out
    do it 2 times then, you greasy *******.
    01-04-09 08:31 PM
    I use LCD cleanser and a microfiber cloth. That way I know its non-alcoholic and non-abrasive so it won't potentially eat away at the screen guard. If you have the scratch resistant type of screen guards I am sure any type of cloth will do. I would be more worried about the solution you use to clean it. Couldn't Windex potentially eat through your shield?

and to xxfire, I hope you are kidding around. You have posted for some help on this forum, just as this OP is. Don't bash him with useless and meaningless posts.
    01-04-09 08:38 PM
    I use LCD cleanser and a microfiber cloth. That way I know its non-alcoholic and non-abrasive so it won't potentially eat away at the screen guard. If you have the scratch resistant type of screen guards I am sure any type of cloth will do. I would be more worried about the solution you use to clean it. Couldn't Windex potentially eat through your shield?

and to xxfire, I hope you are kidding around. You have posted for some help on this forum, just as this OP is. Don't bash him with useless and meaningless posts.
    It's not the difficult of a concept...
    Use a soft cloth and a non abrasive non harsh window cleaner..
    It's really THAT easy...
    01-04-09 08:41 PM
    I just use a microfiber cloth or the paper feeling cloth the tech guy gave me @ VZW store when he saw me using my shirt to wipe off the screen. I don't think he knew I had a screen protector on my phone
    01-04-09 08:42 PM
    I feel like Verizon owes us a response on this one !

Verizon doesn't post answers on these forums, so good luck there...lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-09 08:44 PM
    Obviously its not that easy if you recommend Windex and then post about using a non harsh window cleaner. I am pretty sure Windex contains something that wouldn't make it too nice to use on a screen guard, tinted windows, etc.
    01-04-09 08:44 PM
    I use a slightly trimmed iphone matte screen protector - works great, doesn't show finger prints unless you just changed your car oil or something....
    01-04-09 08:48 PM
    I found if you use a glass cleaner without ammonia sprayed lightly on a paper towel it works great and I have not had a problem with lint. No smears or smudges either. I use Windex Auto Glass Cleaner without ammonia -- you get a two for one - car and Storm!!!
    01-04-09 08:49 PM
    Everyone has oil, natural oil on their fingers if they are living....

I have used the lens cleaning cloth that came with the STORM or with my eye glasses. They work but I find it a bit harder to use the touch screen after cleaning it as my fingers tend to drag on it until some of the oil comes back.

I do not think you need to use any cleaner. Just run around with the cloth a few times it cleans up fine. You dont want to get any Windex down in the device.

I also noticed that the oil did not show up as much on the default shipping protector that Verizon/RIM had on it out of the box.

Then taking that off the fingerprints were real noticable on just the glass.

I have since installed another protector but they are still noticable.
    Last edited by bbstorm4me; 01-04-09 at 08:55 PM.
    01-04-09 08:49 PM
    I found if you use a glass cleaner without ammonia sprayed lightly on a paper towel it works great and I have not had a problem with lint. No smears or smudges either. I use Windex Auto Glass Cleaner without ammonia -- you get a two for one - car and Storm!!!
    The glass cleaner from Costco works AMAZINGLY well as well...
    No NH3 in it !
    01-04-09 08:50 PM
    All you really have to do is buff away the oils with your cleaning rag that came with the protectors works like a charm.
    01-04-09 09:00 PM
    Everyone has oil, natural oil on their fingers if they are living....

I have used the lens cleaning cloth that came with the STORM or with my eye glasses. They work but I find it a bit harder to use the touch screen after cleaning it as my fingers tend to drag on it until some of the oil comes back.

I do not think you need to use any cleaner. Just run around with the cloth a few times it cleans up fine. You dont want to get any Windex down in the device.

I also noticed that the oil did not show up as much on the default shipping protector that Verizon/RIM had on it out of the box.

Then taking that off the fingerprints were real noticable on just the glass.

I have since installed another protector but they are still noticable.
    I keep hearing about all of these people getting a microfiber cloth with their Storm. I realize that Verizon is not providing them; is this just a standard microfiber like you get from an Optician's or is it BB branded? I am kind of jealous

01-04-09 10:18 PM
    Windex has amonia which will ruin the screen protector and the adhesive that holds it on if you want a cleaner that will not leave streaks and is not abrasive use a spray bottle with water and about a quarter size amount of johnson & johnson baby shampoo mixed it is great for tinted windows and anything else really quite frankly best window cleaner I have ever used!
    01-04-09 11:02 PM
    i just use a lint-free cloth. same ones that you get from optometrist.
    01-04-09 11:06 PM
    i just use a lint-free cloth. same ones that you get from optometrist.
    Something I leaned on my Plam and it works on this phone too is to use a small amount of paste wax for your car on the screen protector. It makes it smooth and easy to wipe off with any cloth or shirt sleave or whatever.

01-04-09 11:15 PM
    SHAMWOW..... any questions...lol
    01-04-09 11:19 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD