As this is my first touch screen, what do you guys think the best way is to clean the screen as it gets finger prints and smudgy? Just a cloth that you clean glasses with? Any liquid at all?
    11-22-08 09:33 AM
    I know its a dumb question, but see if u could help me
    11-22-08 09:38 AM
    I would use the iPod/iPhone iKlear cleaning solution which comes with a cloth to wipe of those dirty finger prints and smudges. also no question is a dumb question
    11-22-08 09:45 AM
    I can usually just use a microfiber cloth to get about anything off a smudgy surface with no cleaners. The ones I buy come in packs of 3 for only a few bucks - I think they're sold in the automotive cleaning sections of stores. I'd invest in some of those before resorting to a cleaning solution. Just keep one in your car and one at home, maybe even one at work, and you should be good to go.
    11-22-08 09:53 AM
    Agree with ^^^^^.

I would avoid any wet solutions or cleaning agents unless you have something stuck or smeared on the glass.

For oil (i.e., finger smudges), a microfiber cloth works just fine. You can get them for dirt cheap at Target in the automotive section. Those have many fiberous pieces that will pick up the oil quickly.

In the alternative, you can use smaller microfiber-esqe cloths like those used for sunglasses, or those that come with plasma TVs. They don't have nearly as much texture, but they can get the job done.
    11-22-08 11:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD