Does anyone else have this problem while talking on their Storm ?

My cheek either touches the "Mute" button or "Flash" its totally annoying and all my friends are getting really pissy about it.

I tried using the lock button .. but it does not work while in a call.

Suggestions anyone ? I love the phone otherwise ... and refuse to give it up.

OHhh .. here is another questions ... anyone know what the the symbol below my 1XEV means .. .

Its a circle with a cross through it .. and beside it 3 sonar waves ... i can't seem to find what it means in the manual.

Thanks.
    01-06-09 08:12 AM
    search for screen lock during calls and the symbol is saying you have GPS location on
    01-06-09 08:15 AM
    Same issue with mute here.. Lol

1XEV means you are receiving a 3g signal. Its a good thing. The symbol means your gps locator is on

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by ccagle2; 01-06-09 at 08:20 AM.
    01-06-09 08:18 AM
    Please don't take this the wrong way, but if you take some time and search the forum you will see that both of these topics have been discussed at length, along with solutions for the "cheek mute" issue.. and you would have your answers without the wait

There is currently 2 "fixes" for the cheek problem, "Stormlock" and "Talklock". Talkock is free, and stormlock is a whopping $1.95. I purchased stormlock last night, and it's awesome, for $1.95, it's money well spent, problem solved.

The symbol you see is the GPS symbol..
    01-06-09 08:19 AM
    Same thing happend to me. Id be talking for a min then realize they couldnt hear a word I said.
    01-06-09 02:30 PM
    Cheek problem resolution: Bluetooth.
    01-06-09 02:38 PM
    I use talk lock and it works so well i actually forgot the check mute issue was even a problem
    01-06-09 03:09 PM
    How is StormLock with memory leaking? Better than TalkLock?

Please don't take this the wrong way, but if you take some time and search the forum you will see that both of these topics have been discussed at length, along with solutions for the "cheek mute" issue.. and you would have your answers without the wait

There is currently 2 "fixes" for the cheek problem, "Stormlock" and "Talklock". Talkock is free, and stormlock is a whopping $1.95. I purchased stormlock last night, and it's awesome, for $1.95, it's money well spent, problem solved.

01-06-09 03:13 PM

This answers it and thread is pretty much done.

Moral of this...search!
    01-06-09 03:16 PM

i got the talklock right now and it works good but my screen stays on for about 20-25 secs when im in a call, anyways i was wondering if the Stormlock makes the screen dim right away or will it leave the screen lit just like the talklock
    01-06-09 03:29 PM
    See my sig
    01-06-09 04:13 PM

Moral of this...search!
    Wow. Reply #9 in the thread before the obligatory Search popped up.
    01-06-09 04:20 PM
    the plastic case thingy they sell in verizon stores for storms kind of helped with this issue for me. I do hope they write a software solution to this problem, it is rather annoying.
    01-06-09 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD