Today my precious Storm stopped charging, well sort of!

I charged it night before last with the wall charger and it was fully charged.

Today it was about 1/3 charged so I popped the usb charger on it and left it on my desk. When I got home, there was only 1 bar left and the battery icon was yellow. I plugged it back into my pc and noticed the led wasn't flashing. So I pulled the battery and tried again, still no flashing led, but the batt icon had the lightning bolt on it. I left it for an hour or so and there was still 1 bar.

I powered off the phone and the light started to flash. After some tinkering, I discovered that it does charge when off, but its getting very warm!

I phoned 191 and spoke to cust serv. The phone is 1 day under 4 weeks old. They have told me to take it to a vodafone shop and they will send it off for repair, and I may have to use my insurance to get it repaired!!!!!

I am most disappointed. I can't believe I am going to be without the phone for 2 weeks for a fault that isn't mine!

The phone has all the latest official updates.

Any suggestions please??

Cheers
    01-06-09 04:37 PM
    it could be the chargers youre using. ive yet to run into any charging problems but i can say after a nights charge (8+ hours) the phone does get a little warm but i feel thats normal.
    01-06-09 04:58 PM
    Taken the battery out again and left it out for a couple of mins. It seems to be charging now whilst on - it's upto 3 bars.

Quick question - should the green led flash when it's on and charging? I thought it did. It def' does when it's powered off.

Is my mind playing tricks on me? BlackBerryitis!

I don't think I will be able to go back to a boring normal phone ever again though.

Daz
    01-06-09 04:59 PM
    if you have the status indicator on for the led it will blink green while charging, mine does at least.
    01-06-09 05:22 PM
    if you have the status indicator on for the led it will blink green while charging, mine does at least.

wouldnt changing the status indicator to ON, always make that green led flash?

when i charge my phone, the only thing that changes is a little yellow lightning bolt symol appears over the batter icon in the upper left side....but no flashing LED. is it suppose to flash or light up during charging?
    01-06-09 06:04 PM
    When the phone is powered off and being charged, the green LED flashes. When the phone is on and being charged, it does not flash.
    01-06-09 06:37 PM
    i have my LED set to on in the LED coverage indicator option. it flashes green every 2 seconds or so to let me know i have service, but i also have it set to flash when i have a call, text, email, etc.. and itll flash red. it will flash its normal green and flash red for alerts even when charging.
    01-06-09 06:49 PM
    Try another charger, my storm charger died after a week of use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-09 07:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD