I got my Storm in June and everything has worked fine but every now and then its a pain in the *** to charge. I try the USB cable with my PC and it either won't detect it or will but won't charge it. I then try my wall charger and my Storm won't even detect it at all. I'll do a few battery pulls with and without it plugged in and unplug and plug the charger to the wall. Eventually it works but this is just ridiculous. Anyone have any tips on what I should do?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-09 11:41 AM
    Have you updated your OS or has it always been the same? You may want to try that out. If nothing, order a new phone. That's what I had to do for the exact same problem you're having.

12-30-09 04:46 PM
    It could just be a simple loose connection to the micro usb slot in the phone. Unfortunately that's not self repairable and won't be fixed by upgrading your OS. Go for a warranty replacement if you're still within warranty, and then upgrade the OS on the new phone.

I would suggest taking a photo of your phone plugged in and not recognizing the charger to prove it to them since it is intermittent. To do this make sure the batter icon shows less than full, take a photo of the phone with the plug in view and no lightning bolt on the battery icon. This should keep you from having any argument from them as often they are required to recreate the issue before ordering a replacement.
    12-30-09 05:50 PM
    I have OS 5.0.0.328 . It would be tough for me to take a picture because its not too often that it happens and it is completely random. It has happened two days over the past 2 weeks, the other day being one of those two days. The first time I had left it to charge since the battery was low and came back to it with about 5% left.
    As for getting a new one, I got the Storm in June from Best Buy, anyone have any idea as to how long the stock warranty is? I don't have a monthly insurance plan it anything for it.

12-30-09 07:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD