So here's the deal, I got this phone from a family member when they got their new iPhone.. the battery on the storm seemed to be dead.. I've been charging it for about an hour now and it still won't turn on.. the red light on the phone stays on for about 10 seconds.. turns off for about 3 seconds and then the battery with the lightning bolt comes across the screen for about another 5 seconds ( while the light is off )

I would greatly appreciate if anyone had ANY feedback on this
    07-03-10 11:07 PM
    Do you know anyone else with a BB that uses the same battery? That's where I would start...try another battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-10 11:47 PM
    Sounds like they let the battery completely drain. That is a no-no with these types of batteries. A new Battery will probably get you going.

I don't know your carrier, but my local Verizon store has tested phones for free for me. I had an old Razor to give a relative and I had the same issue. I took it in, and they confirmed it was the battery. I gave the phone away and let the new user they would have to get a battery.
    07-04-10 01:06 AM
    alright, i'll go to my carrier store and see if they'll let me just try a new battery in it
    07-04-10 07:21 AM
    also, i dont know if this can help anyone help me a bit more.. but when i remove the battery and plug it in, i get the same result, but instead of the screen with the charging symbol, i get the screen with a battery with a cross through it.
    07-04-10 07:27 AM
    That happened to my storm too after I had used it and completely drained the battery. I took it to get a new battery but still wouldn't turn on. I had to keep it on charger for almost 8hrs before it would even turn on. Try that..

07-04-10 07:28 AM
    That happened to my storm too after I had used it and completely drained the battery. I took it to get a new battery but still wouldn't turn on. I had to keep it on charger for almost 8hrs before it would even turn on. Try that..

I've had it plugged in all night and still nothing.
    07-04-10 07:47 AM
    If you got if from someone your battery is probubly conpletely drained so you might need to leave it longer. Just let it charge and don't mess with it or touch it. I kept plugging and unplugging mine. The battery has to get some juice before it'll even turn the phone on. My phone was off for 3days because of this. I thought I broke my phone.. Just let it sit there charging. Don't touch it..

07-04-10 07:56 AM
    If you got if from someone your battery is probubly conpletely drained so you might need to leave it longer. Just let it charge and don't mess with it or touch it. I kept plugging and unplugging mine. The battery has to get some juice before it'll even turn the phone on. My phone was off for 3days because of this. I thought I broke my phone.. Just let it sit there charging. Don't touch it..

it's not even that, I think it keeps trying to power itself up, i left it plugged in for 9 hours just to see the red light on for about 10 seconds, turn off for about 3, and have the charging battery symbol on the whole time throughout the night
    07-04-10 11:49 AM
    I called my provider's store.. and since I'm not the one who originally bought it the warranty doesn't carry over to me.. and it costs 90 bucks for a new battery, 90 dollars i don't have, so I'm just hoping that leaving it plugged in all day and night will work
    07-04-10 12:40 PM
    Also, when I plugged it into my computer, my pc makes the sound that it detected new hardware, installed the blackberry drivers to my pc, and then it does the same thing as the above with the ac adapter, but when the red light turns off, my pc makes the sound that hardware was removed, I don't know if this means anything.. maybe someone knows more than i do?
    07-04-10 04:29 PM
    It does NOT cost $90 for a battery, even at a VZW store (I think they are about $45 at the VZW stores around here) unless your store is completely raping you! Too bad you're not nearby...I have two extra batteries that are in excellent condition. One actually has only been used for about 12 hours. I would be happy to let you try it and then sell it for a very good price if it solved your problem. You shouldn't have to buy a battery though just to test...any VZW rep with a heart and half a brain should be kind enough to at least let you try a battery. BTW, a standard OEM battery is $30 here at the CB store.

And about the dead battery issue (it may never actually charge if that's the real problem). Lithium Ion batteries have a low voltage protection circuit in them which will disable the ability to be charged if they go below that limit. This doesn't normally happen during use...your device would shut down before the battery reaches this point and you would recharge it. However, it the battery sits for an extended period after already being depleted beyond the usability point, then it will become unrecoverable. This may be what has happened in your case.
    07-04-10 10:49 PM
    yeah, the thing is i live in canada, not sure how my family member got the phone, but i looked online, no VZW stores anywhere within 3 hours of my area, and the only place i can find with a battery to fit wants to charge me 90 bucks..
    07-04-10 11:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD