Hello,

I have a Curve 8330 that i got a few months ago (unknown to the storm looming in the distance ) my question is that my mother's NE2 discount is up and she wants to get a blackberry but doesn't like touchscreen.

Is there a way I can finagle it so she can have my Curve 8330 and I can buy the Storm with her NE2 and not change phone numbers and live happily ever after? lol

appreciate some insight

-hadisious
    11-11-08 09:16 AM
    Hello,

I have a Curve 8330 that i got a few months ago (unknown to the storm looming in the distance ) my question is that my mother's NE2 discount is up and she wants to get a blackberry but doesn't like touchscreen.

Is there a way I can finagle it so she can have my Curve 8330 and I can buy the Storm with her NE2 and not change phone numbers and live happily ever after? lol

appreciate some insight

-hadisious
    im doing the same thing, yes you can do that, all you do is your mom gets the phone using her NE2, then you just switch your number over to her phone, and then switch her number back to her old phone.
    11-11-08 09:21 AM
    great! thanks,
    so when i switch the numbers, is that something i can do through the phone and activation by myself? or do i get verizon to do that at the store?
    11-11-08 09:35 AM
    great! thanks,
    so when i switch the numbers, is that something i can do through the phone and activation by myself? or do i get verizon to do that at the store?
    if you just tell them what you want at the verizon store, theyll do it for you. i had the same question, My mother and i were on 2 seperate plans, my mom is up for her upgrade im about 5 months away, my mom doesn't want a new phone. I wanted to switch us to a Family Plan, i told them i wanted the storm. They told me just tell ur mom to buy the storm, then while your there, transfer your number to storm and her number to another phone, then switch your plans. and your all set.
    11-11-08 09:38 AM
    awesome, thanks much for your help friend.
    11-11-08 09:42 AM
    are you on a family shareplan with her? if so, and if her's is the secondary line, it won't be a full NE2 discount.
    11-11-08 09:53 AM
    are you on a family shareplan with her? if so, and if her's is the secondary line, it won't be a full NE2 discount.
    yea, i'm secondary and mine is $50 and not $100
    11-11-08 09:57 AM
    she has a completely separate plan with her business so ill be alright
    11-11-08 10:20 AM
    Ok here is how it goes...get the storm on her upgrade...then call VZW and ask to do an esn swap...poof you get the storm mom gets a curve and everybody is happy....
    11-11-08 10:55 AM
    yea, i'm secondary and mine is $50 and not $100
    If you are a secondary, you dont get 50 or 100, you get the discounted 2yr price. The primary is the only line that is eligible for any kind of NE2 credit.

Also, using your mothers NE2 got a lot easier. Its called an alternate upgrade and it can be done in 1 transaction now whereas before we had to upgrade and then switch numbers back and forth(it was a pain in the ***) much easier now.
    11-11-08 11:04 AM
    @hadisious:

You'd swindle your own mother just to get a Storm?!! hehe - j/k!
    11-11-08 11:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD