i went today to Verizon hoping to change my number..they told me this...it could not be done because...there are no alltel numbers avaliable anymore? i am still using an alltel package apparently, which was supposed to have been changed to a verizon pack. the girl said if i get a verizon number my data wont work...

my gf has done this very thing...she changed her alltel pack to a verizon pack at the very same time i did...and she just changed from her alltel number to a verizon number...

i asked the rep what can i do to get a verizon number..she said its not possible...im sure its possible..im thinking shes in the dark about some things....

any input would be appreciated

is this possible? if so, then how should i go about it?
    12-06-09 04:10 PM
    I would've tried talking to another rep or a manager. If you're gf could do it, then it's obviously possible.
    12-06-09 04:22 PM
    Its possible. If that's the only Verizon store in your area, I'd just go back in there and get another rep to help you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-09 04:23 PM
    she called up some guy @ verizon im assuming a service tech or something...and i think hes the one that told her she couldnt do it? i dk

i normally deal with a good friend of mine that works @ the verizon store...but he wasnt there...

i figured she just had no idea how to do that...and didnt wanna let me know
    12-06-09 04:28 PM
    Yes I also think its possible to change it.. For me to change a number its like 9 bucks or something like that unless you have a good excuse..
    12-06-09 04:29 PM
    she told me 15.

ppl have said that telling them someone is harrassing you or something along those lines...but id rather pay them 15 bucks and have a clean conscience lol
    12-06-09 04:37 PM
    she told me 15.

ppl have said that telling them someone is harrassing you or something along those lines...but id rather pay them 15 bucks and have a clean conscience lol
    Oh yea it is 15 bucks! But the clean conscience really pays off lol
    12-06-09 04:43 PM
    Update:

went back today and talked to another of the Ver reps that i know @ the local store..had no problem changing the number to a verizon number. Data works as well as before. so far everything else does.
    12-12-09 04:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD