Is there a way to change the Task settings from the default settings? Currently, the default due date and time is 5:00 pm the following day. I would like to change the default due date to the current day - with the ability to change the "due by" time as well. I use Vlingo to set up tasks through voice commands, which is extremely convenient. It would be much more useful if I didn�t have to go back and correct the due date for all tasks created. The current default assumes you're creating all of your tasks over night. BTW, the ability to set a default relative reminder would also be great.

I've done quite a bit of searching for this answer, and although it has "almost" been addressed several times, this has to be one of the most ignored questions I've ever researched. Is this something that's even possible?
    03-26-10 11:56 PM
    You have to manually change it for every new task. Its like setting your alarm. The phones not a mind reader... you have to set it for the time and day you want. If it were set for the same day and same time the task would be over as soon as you set it.
    03-27-10 12:27 AM
    Really? Would you like to read the op again? Thanks for the effort, but perhaps you should focus more on comprehending what you read in these posts instead of focusing on your clever response. Your first sentence and your third sentence (minus the asinine comment) is clearly the reason I posted my question. Your second sentence is pointless other than to set up your asinine comment. The last sentence is evidence of your cluelessness.

The reason I have to manually change the due date and due time, is that there is a default value for the two. The bottom line question is can the default value be changed? Ideally, I would like to set the default to 6 pm of the current day, with a set reminder of 4 hours (for example). I would prefer to manually change the few tasks that are not due the day I create them. So you see, there would be no need for mind reading on the part of my phone and no simultaneous setting and expiration of tasks. I never suggested I wanted to set the default for the same day and time/moment I'm creating the task. That would be, well, asinine.

To summarize, is there a way to change the default task settings?

Thanks
    03-27-10 02:29 PM
    Hey Cyber, I was just researching to find a way to change the default time / date / reminder settings for Tasks in my BB and I stumbled upon your post. Now that we're a couple of years down the line... did you ever find a way?! I want the default reminder time to be 0 minutes - which would match my calendar entries' default reminder time (i'm a bit OCD :0) and the Task date to be today's date... it's sending me a little bit crazy! Thanks in advance, Natalie
    01-03-13 09:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD