So my storm is protected by the rubber gel that verizon sells, along with the verizon screen protector...I understand that most recommend not putting the storm in your pocket, so where does everyone with a similar setup put there phone when not holding it? (im sure there has to be some situations where you cannot hold your phone). Any recommendations?

Also, somewhat offtopic, but I intend on going snowboarding within the next 2 weeks, but *do not* want to carry my storm just to avoid any damages...prior to joining VZ, I would simply switch my sim card to any old phone I had just for use on the slopes, then put the sim back in my "good" phone once back in my car (or cabin)....is there any similar possibility on a cdma network?

Thanks!!
    12-28-08 04:11 PM
    I have the silicon cover and no screen protector and mine stays in my pocket. There's been a video out for a while now showing how scratch proof the screen is so don't worry about beating it up. it can take it, promise!

you will need to have an old cdma phone to do your other thing and you'll also need a VZW online account or you'll need to call (they may charge you if you call, not sure though).
    12-28-08 04:19 PM
    What's the process for switching devices using an online account? I was thinking about hitting the slopes soon myself and wanted to temporarily switch to my old Pearl. Also, is there a limit on how many times you can switch between your current devices?
    12-28-08 04:25 PM
    When you log in to the online account, click "Activate My Phone" on the right under Quick Links. On the next screen under Existing or Replacement Equipment, click "Activate Equipment". Then you just have to put it the mobile #, MEID, and a reason and it will switch right over. You'll need to do *228 once your done to activate the new phone. It should be unlimited but do not work for Big Red so I can't say for sure.
    12-28-08 04:34 PM
    I have a full body Zag sheild over my storm.

Its always in my pocket, but I now have it in my leather holster though when in my pocket after I found out the screen does scratch as my last storm I had, had my keys in the same pocket by mistake and made some nice scratches on the screen. So the guy that says u don't need a screen protector becuase he saw some goof on youtube trying to scratch it and it didn't scratch is just full of crap. The screen does scratch and you need a screen protector
    12-28-08 04:35 PM
    I have a full body Zag sheild over my storm.

Its always in my pocket, but I now have it in my leather holster though when in my pocket after I found out the screen does scratch as my last storm I had, had my keys in the same pocket by mistake and made some nice scratches on the screen. So the guy that says u don't need a screen protector becuase he saw some goof on youtube trying to scratch it and it didn't scratch is just full of crap. The screen does scratch and you need a screen protector
    I've taken my keys and a knife to my screen to show some folks at work so I'm not real sure what might have been up with yours.... The screen protector will scratch however. if you had one of those on then that's probably what scratched
    12-28-08 04:46 PM
    I've taken my keys and a knife to my screen to show some folks at work so I'm not real sure what might have been up with yours.... The screen protector will scratch however. if you had one of those on then that's probably what scratched
    On the last storm I had, I had taken off the screen protector becuase it got ripped, so I pulled it off. It wasn't till a couple days after the screen was off that I noticed the fine scatches on the screen. Although, out of the 4 Storms I have got, just that one scratched, so maybe like u said somethign was up with that screen on that phone, but I don't trust the screens though which is why I put the Zagg sheild over the screen and body of the phone now
    12-28-08 04:57 PM
    I'm still debating some sort of protector like Ghost Armor or Invisible Shield. I'm pretty careful with phones so it's not been a real pressing issue
    12-28-08 05:00 PM
    I just have the black leather BB sleeve. My phone is always in my pocket in my uniform, or in my purse when I'm not in uniform. Stays protected jsut fine.
    12-28-08 05:00 PM
    I got a pouch with the Storm. Works great. Can't imagine using anything different, other than going naked. That's always fun.
    12-28-08 05:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD