I was in the passenger seat of my car, and a car hit me and my mother. There was a huge snow storm yesterday and the guy oncoming lost control and his rear hit our front. I was texting on my Storm and it flew out of my hand apparently. Lonngggggg story short I went back to find my mothers' enV2 perfectly unscathed and my Storm less so. The battery had flown out and the back was off it. The screen (which was actually working perfectly) doesn't click right anymore. The Back and Call Keys are broken but the device still works. There was snow in the car so it got water damage (the paper turned pink) I'm going to try to get a new one somehow. I'll post pictures sometime if you guys want them.

Last edited by GeneralMills; 12-20-08 at 09:32 PM.
    12-20-08 01:58 PM
    what a useless thread
    12-20-08 01:59 PM
    On the bright side, you're alive.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-08 02:00 PM
    most importantly you are ok...
    12-20-08 02:01 PM
    what a useless thread
    You *****, the phone withstood a freakin' car crash without a broken screen in a car traveling 40mph. I wanted to make a point about the sturdiness of the phone in general. Sorry you weren't involved, you apparently wanted some attention.
    12-20-08 02:01 PM
    Glad you're ok... that's the most important thing.

Hopefully you have warranty on the phone. But since this was caused by the other driver, you may be able to get him to pony up for the phone.
    12-20-08 02:02 PM
    what a useless thread
    Is real name by any chance Ebeneezer?
    12-20-08 02:03 PM
    Ehh the storm is replaceable your life isn't. I know it sucks but at least you have your life to be thankful for.
    12-20-08 02:03 PM
    what a useless thread
    Didn't you read the new years resolution post about being more tolerant and nicer to people.

OP, glad to see everybody was okay. Good luck on a new Storm.
    12-20-08 02:05 PM
    Glad you are ok....and this is far from a useless thread. Some people are just plain a$$holes His or her comment was the useless one!!!!
    12-20-08 02:06 PM
    what a useless thread
    And your post was absolutely useful?

OP, Glad that you and your mother are alright. The other persons insurance is going to be covering everything i assume?
    12-20-08 02:16 PM
    what a useless thread

man this is uncalled for

as far as the OP's post..

when reading it I had very little care about the Blackberry Storm.. As a matter of fact the only words I was looking for is that you and your mom were ok.

that being said if you can't get a replacement.. at somepoint you can either buy one or get a different phone..

if the accident happened worse you may not have had the chance to do so.

Frustrating to lose possessions, devastating to lose life's.
    12-20-08 02:36 PM
    It's great that you and your mom are o.k. It was an accident and that is what insurance is for. If you have insurance on your account just get the device replaced and before your mom settles with insurance make sure that it is listed as one of the items damaged in the accident. They should cover the deductible for the phone or full retail price to replace it if you don't have any other means of insurance.
    12-20-08 02:43 PM
    Glad to see you are ok, sorry about the phone. I am sure that your insurance will cover it, Asurion that is...
    12-20-08 02:44 PM
    Glad to hear you're OK..
    12-20-08 02:46 PM
    General Mills, I salute you!
    12-20-08 02:54 PM
    what a useless thread
    I think your post is actually the only thing useless about the whole thread.

Glad you're ok Mills. Thanks for sharing the story with us.
    12-20-08 03:03 PM
    Yep, make sure the other guy's insurance pays up on that and of course everything else!

Good to hear you and your Mom weren't hurt...that's the important thing.
    12-20-08 03:16 PM
    what a useless thread
    Ahhh .... another thread monitor. Cool.
    12-20-08 03:32 PM
    Glad you are ok. I hope your able to get you storm back. As far as the phase useless post. He'll get his, karma's a *****!

12-20-08 03:37 PM
    what a useless thread
    Ok, Grafx...you are an insensitive ***! OP...I am glad that you are ok and thanks for letting us know what kind of damage your phone was able to take and still (kinda) keep ticking!
    12-20-08 08:42 PM
    Good to hear u made it out with a problem. Sorry about ur storm.

However if vz won't replace it then I would go after the other guys insurance. Fight them and get them to replace it.

Good luck

12-20-08 08:50 PM
    Glad you're ok. The phone is replaceable!
    12-20-08 08:52 PM
    what a useless thread
    arsehole!

Glad you and your mom are ok. Hopefully Santa will bring you a new phone
    12-20-08 08:53 PM
    Glad you guys are ok!!

12-20-08 08:53 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD