I used to have an 8800 with T-Mobile then cancelled and went to AT&T for a while. Switched back to T-Mobile recently now I have an unlocked storm and am trying to set up my old T-Mobile BlackBerry e-mail and I'm being told that the e-mail is already in use. Called T-Mobile and they said they couldn't do anything since the Storm isn't a T-Mobile phone and told me to call RIM because I needed the service books or something. Called RIM and can't figure out their menu, don't know which buttons to press to get to CS and ask them to help me. Anybody know why I can't use my old e-mail and how to get it to work?
    04-26-09 04:23 PM
    I used to have an 8800 with T-Mobile then cancelled and went to AT&T for a while. Switched back to T-Mobile recently now I have an unlocked storm and am trying to set up my old T-Mobile BlackBerry e-mail and I'm being told that the e-mail is already in use. Called T-Mobile and they said they couldn't do anything since the Storm isn't a T-Mobile phone and told me to call RIM because I needed the service books or something. Called RIM and can't figure out their menu, don't know which buttons to press to get to CS and ask them to help me. Anybody know why I can't use my old e-mail and how to get it to work?
    Im not an expert by anymeans on unlocked BB's but from what I read it sounds like maybe you need to have the service books resent. Did you try and search for that topic yet?
    04-26-09 04:41 PM
    Goto Setup --> Email --> create BB Email and type all your old info in including password and it will work like a charm
    04-26-09 05:07 PM
    Just wondering, why would I need the service books resent? The phone is working properly, the problem is that the e-mail I'm trying to set up (my old e-mail) says it's already being used.
    04-26-09 05:08 PM
    Sounds like it should work.

Goto Setup --> Email --> create BB Email and type all your old info in including password and it will work like a charm
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-09 05:11 PM
    Doesn't work, when you set up your blackberry e-mail they don't ask you to enter a password. I tried the password that I had for mytmobile.com but that didn't work either. Called t-mobile again and they transferred me twice but they couldn't figure it out so I ended up having to make a new e-mail address.
    04-26-09 06:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD