I can't seem to transfer my movies onto my SD on my Storm. I can transfer a small file, let's say an MP3, to my SD card without problem, but once I start to transfer a movie, it will freeze after some random time and refresh the folder as if I plugged it in again. Any ideas?

Edit: I forgot to mention that it crashes the phone from time to time...
    Last edited by Shadow.xXx; 06-07-09 at 07:54 AM.
    06-07-09 06:29 AM
    How do you transfer the file...do you plug in your BB and use Desktop Manager or do you remove the Media Card and place it into your PC

Or do you plug in your BB but DON'T use Desktop Manager?
    06-07-09 06:48 AM
    How do you transfer the file...do you plug in your BB and use Desktop Manager or do you remove the Media Card and place it into your PC

Or do you plug in your BB but DON'T use Desktop Manager?
    The last option. I just plug it in, open it as a drive, and drag and drop.
    06-07-09 06:49 AM
    Ok this makes it a little bit more complicated for me since I'm not too sure what's going on but try to check:

1) Are you placing it into the right media card (not the Blackberry memory)
    2) Are you set as administrator
    3) And try Copy and Paste (not sure if that will change much but might as well try)
    06-07-09 06:52 AM
    Ok this makes it a little bit more complicated for me since I'm not too sure what's going on but try to check:

1) Are you placing it into the right media card (not the Blackberry memory)
    2) Are you set as administrator
    3) And try Copy and Paste (not sure if that will change much but might as well try)
    It's makes separate drives for both BB main memory and the SD card. I am an admin, and I've tried copy and paste. Thanks, though.

This is quite annoying...
    06-07-09 06:55 AM
    Sorry to hear that. Maybe restart the PC if this is the first time it has happened.
    06-07-09 07:00 AM
    Sorry to hear that. Maybe restart the PC if this is the first time it has happened.
    That's one of the first things I did.
    06-07-09 07:02 AM
    I'm all out of ideas, and I've tried nothing.
    06-07-09 07:19 AM
    I'm thinking it's an OS issue... I'm using a class 6 SDHC card. I don't know if it can sustain that speed without problems.
    06-07-09 07:31 AM
    I can't seem to transfer my movies onto my SD on my Storm. I can transfer a small file, let's say an MP3, to my SD card without problem, but once I start to transfer a movie, it will freeze after some random time and refresh the folder as if I plugged it in again. Any ideas?

Edit: I forgot to mention that it crashes the phone from time to time...
    Do you mean the phone crashes on occasion when the transfer freezes, or that the crashes are happening when the card is in generally?

Try formatting the card in a reader, pop the card back into the phone to sort out the folders, then always use the reader for transferring files from the PC.
    06-08-09 10:03 AM
    I'm thinking it's an OS issue... I'm using a class 6 SDHC card. I don't know if it can sustain that speed without problems.

While the card is class 6 I havn't yet see any documented info that leads me to beleive the hardware inside the storm can transfer data to/from the card at class 6 speeds.

What size files are you transfering? how much space is on the card
    06-08-09 11:11 AM
    the only way I have been able to move videos/movies on to my storm is by using Roxio thru DM.....
    Last edited by jfsalewicz; 06-08-09 at 11:17 AM. Reason: spelling
    06-08-09 11:16 AM
    While the card is class 6 I havn't yet see any documented info that leads me to beleive the hardware inside the storm can transfer data to/from the card at class 6 speeds.

What size files are you transfering? how much space is on the card
    Heck Class 6 is just a performance rating on the speed of the card itself. There is no limitation on how slow something can transfer information to it. Much like a Hard drive even if you try to something to it faster it will just make the other device send it slower. The only real impact and the reason a distinction really matters is for video capturing performance where its streamed and slow performance would cause missed frames.
    06-08-09 11:24 AM
    BB 9500, v4.7.0.173, 4 GB media card.

Hi, I used DM 5.0 to copy multiple mp3 files to the media card, but when i tried to copy a 400+ MB mp4 file, it would start copying and then a little past halfway the file will stop copying. i tried several times and even tried to copy to the device memory but had the same problem. I had 600 MB of free space on the media card.

I tried all the options mentioned previously but got the same error. But I had no error copying a 150 MB mp4 file to the media card.

other than putting the media card in a reader and copying files to it that way, is there any solution to this?

Thanks!

NB: I am new user and this is my 1st post.
    09-28-09 06:29 AM
    Well I'm on .148 official from Verizon and don't have any trouble just selecting several files from Explorer and pasting them on the card. I usually swap movie files every couple weeks or so. Roughly 2gb. The SD card is just the one it shipped with. Nothing special here.
    09-28-09 08:09 AM
    It's a bug in OS 5.0.0.191 and .230. I can get a movie to transfer, but only one at a time. If I try to transfer more than that it disconnects. Quite a few others have reported this same issue with the 5.0 builds.

Edit: Oops, I just noticed the original post was in June, so your problem was different. Oh well, I'll keep this here for any recent 5.0 build folks who might run into this problem...
    Last edited by ChuckH0308; 09-28-09 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Edit:
    09-28-09 12:47 PM
    Thanks. I will try os v5.0.0.216 to see if that will allow me to copy bigger files to the media card.
    10-06-09 06:31 PM
    Thanks. I will try os v5.0.0.216 to see if that will allow me to copy bigger files to the media card
    10-06-09 06:32 PM
    I will try os v5.0.0.216 to see if that will allow me to copy bigger files to the media card.
    10-06-09 06:33 PM
    10-06-09 06:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD