I had a world edition, synched great with Outlook, never a problem. After that was destroyed I upgraded to a Storm and the new 4.7 version DM software and I cannot synch to save my life. Only in the contacts do I have an option to pick "outlook", but in calendar/tasks/memo I only have two choices under configuration: ASCII/Text or <none>. Browsing does not let me load an api or apl. or whatever application loader file for Outlook. Very frustrated and can't find the answer here. I have a bajillion contacts and appointments on my desktop, I cannot change applications/software now, I will chuck the Storm if I can't figure this out. Should have stuck with what worked before. Please help, too busy to screw around and on hold with RIM too long. Thanks in advance.
    07-07-09 12:57 PM
    Oh, when I try to add an application in application loader, and check "Outlook" it says "no applications for your device were found".
    07-07-09 01:02 PM
    Hello?? Can't find an answer by searching or googling.
    07-07-09 06:07 PM
    Hi,
    Did you try calling support?
    Is it Outlook Express or full Outlook. There maybe a difference.
    Call support.
    Best option at this point.
    07-07-09 06:19 PM
    What version of Outlook? Unless you have Outlook 2003 or higher, DM4.3 and above cannot see the app for sync capabilities. If you're using an older version of Outlook, no problem, just step back to an older version of DM... it'll still sync with the Storm.
    07-07-09 06:29 PM
    Newer version of DM (4.7) and Outlook 2007. Was on hold at work with support, I'll just have to camp out on the line today to try to get through.
    07-08-09 05:16 AM
    Are you running Vista?
    Are you running the Windows mail or actual Outlook that comes with Microsoft office?

I had problems syncing with windows mail. it turned out to be the pictures I had associated with contacts.

I had to remove all the contact pictures.
    Now I use outlook from Microsoft Office.
    07-08-09 07:51 AM
    Ah yes, POS Outlook 07.... no surprise there...

Uninstall DM fully (when asked if you want user preferences to be removed as well, answer YES). Then reboot and reinstall latest version of DM off RIM's website. Then plug in the BB and let the drivers load. Then go into Sync and try to reset the sync preferences. Unless you have some wacky Outlook profile setup, this should work fine. If your Outlook profile is set to tie into an Exchange server at work, obviously you need to make sure that connection is live and working before you can set up the sync. A quick test is to open up Outlook. If you an use it, 3rd party tieins into the program will work as well.
    07-08-09 07:52 AM
    Ah yes, POS Outlook 07.... no surprise there...

Uninstall DM fully (when asked if you want user preferences to be removed as well, answer YES). Then reboot and reinstall latest version of DM off RIM's website. Then plug in the BB and let the drivers load. Then go into Sync and try to reset the sync preferences. Unless you have some wacky Outlook profile setup, this should work fine. If your Outlook profile is set to tie into an Exchange server at work, obviously you need to make sure that connection is live and working before you can set up the sync. A quick test is to open up Outlook. If you an use it, 3rd party tieins into the program will work as well.
    I have no problems syncing with Outlook 2007.

OP,
    You could scrap the ******* DM if you're comfortable enough using Funambol. That's what I use and it works great. It will do wireless syncing and it installs a plugin for Outlook (like I said, I'm running 2007 as well). DM is actually the hugest piece of **** ever. You have to force-feed it and TELL it when to sync like you're trying to feed a baby with the "open up the airplane hangar" method.

EDIT:
    I am making an edit to mention the fact that using DM will probably drop errors as well. Booooo!
    07-08-09 08:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD