I have the new Storm 9530 (Verizon) and have the latest os version installed via Nguyen. I still cannot send emails via my BES. I have wiped the new BB from the BES several times and I'm giving up at this point. Our BES version is 4.1.4.15 and I don't think it should be causing this to happen as it fully identifies the phone as a 9530. It's being upgraded to V 4.1.6 r2 tomorrow night. I've called Verizon where they in turn sent me to Blackberry where they then wanted money to help me further. I'm not down with that program after forking out what I did for the phone, BES license, etc...

Please advise if you can and thanks in advance.
    12-03-08 10:10 PM
    FYI- I do receive emails. To get the send feature working I have tried getting the service books re-sent, have re-registered the host routing tables and done battery pulls. The settings are set to reconcile as well.

I am at my wits end with this thing!!!
    12-03-08 10:58 PM
    If you upgraded your OS while not physically connected to the Enterprise, you will have to get your BES admin to reactivate you and give you a one-time password so you can complete Enterprise activation. Email won't work until you do. If you perform the upgrade at work, while connected by USB cable to a PC that's connected to the Enterprise, you won't lose your activation and won't have to reactivate. In either case, you need to tell your BES admin what you are planning to do, in case your BES doesn't support the latest OS. That's especially a risk with unofficial releases.
    12-03-08 10:59 PM
    I have the new Storm 9530 (Verizon) and have the latest os version installed via Nguyen. I still cannot send emails via my BES. I have wiped the new BB from the BES several times and I'm giving up at this point. Our BES version is 4.1.4.15 and I don't think it should be causing this to happen as it fully identifies the phone as a 9530. It's being upgraded to V 4.1.6 r2 tomorrow night. I've called Verizon where they in turn sent me to Blackberry where they then wanted money to help me further. I'm not down with that program after forking out what I did for the phone, BES license, etc...

Please advise if you can and thanks in advance.
    If you read the BES release notes, you may see that BES 4.1.6 fully supports the Storm and other future models (Flip, Curve 8900, etc.) I can't remember which service pack added the compatibility, but I think your BES upgrade tomorrow will fix the problem.
    12-03-08 11:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD