Well I gave it a shot. Even after hearing about all the problems the phone has. I updated to .76 it did help alot. Some big problems for me is that dust is under the screen and no matter how many replacement storms i get it will always happen. The phone is still way to slow for me. The camera looks like crap for 3.2mp. Light shines around the whole screen. I believe that there will be no "app store" Who would want to support a phone that is so slow like this one.

Now I did like the click screen. I have fat fingers and i was able to type on it really well. I also like the web browser. It is really quick and renders pages really well. I love verizon and everybody i know has it. Thats why i'm able to get away with only 450 mins a month. Well all of that is about to change once i go over to At&t for the Iphone. I will have to get a more expensive plane for 900 mins and a unlimited text message plan. The apps for the Iphone are just to good. I have to make the switch.
    12-11-08 12:53 AM
    When you get over to the iPuck, don't forget to download a grammar checker from the app store. You need it.
    12-11-08 12:59 AM
    U gotta do what you think is best for you. I'm gonna give the Storm some serious time when mine arrives next week, and hope for the best. Seems like the updates are really improving the phone, but patience is needed. To each their own, but I think the Iphone is bad ***.
    12-11-08 12:59 AM
    As early adopters you have to expect some bugs, but there is a limit to how much you can endure. The first update did wonders for the phone, but it still has a ways to go. Good luck with your switch!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-08 01:05 AM
    Well I gave it a shot. Even after hearing about all the problems the phone has. I updated to .76 it did help alot. Some big problems for me is that dust is under the screen and no matter how many replacement storms i get it will always happen. The phone is still way to slow for me. The camera looks like crap for 3.2mp. Light shines around the whole screen. I believe that there will be no "app store" Who would want to support a phone that is so slow like this one.

Now I did like the click screen. I have fat fingers and i was able to type on it really well. I also like the web browser. It is really quick and renders pages really well. I love verizon and everybody i know has it. Thats why i'm able to get away with only 450 mins a month. Well all of that is about to change once i go over to At&t for the Iphone. I will have to get a more expensive plane for 900 mins and a unlimited text message plan. The apps for the Iphone are just to good. I have to make the switch.
    its definetly a personal preference.. The iPhone is a nice device but when you get there I will promise you one thing.. and yes I can almost guarentee this.

I used the iPhone for 1.5 years for my personal phone..

you will miss quite a few things that blackberry itself does..

Also there is a crap ton of apps on the store but keep in mind there is also a crap ton of crap apps. =)

I still use my iPhone for all the media purposes and it does a fantastic job at that.. but email and instant messengers and such the iPhone isn't even close..

I wont say that it wont suit your lifestyle and the roll over minutes on at&t may do you great to recover some of the expenses.. what I did is for the first month I barely made or talked on the phone much..

then the month after I talked for about half my minutes

the rollover minutes stacked up and I was good to go.. that is one thing I will miss a ton.

The rest I still have the device so im not missing much

I hope you find what your looking for and don't make yourself a stranger around these parts
    12-11-08 01:35 AM
    When you get over to the iPuck, don't forget to download a grammar checker from the app store. You need it.
    You are about as mature as a five year old. What next? My daddy can beat up your daddy?
    12-11-08 02:03 AM
    I think he was referring to the fact that the iPhone is hard to type on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-08 02:12 AM
    You are about as mature as a five year old. What next? My daddy can beat up your daddy?

I think you you took what he said the wrong way..

as in its harder to type on the iPhone
    12-11-08 02:17 AM
    also uploaded the vid as I stated I would try and make iPhone vs storm flip test..

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/fin...ometer-113276/

=)
    12-11-08 02:18 AM
    its definetly a personal preference.. The iPhone is a nice device but when you get there I will promise you one thing.. and yes I can almost guarentee this.

I used the iPhone for 1.5 years for my personal phone..

you will miss quite a few things that blackberry itself does..

Also there is a crap ton of apps on the store but keep in mind there is also a crap ton of crap apps. =)

I still use my iPhone for all the media purposes and it does a fantastic job at that.. but email and instant messengers and such the iPhone isn't even close..

I wont say that it wont suit your lifestyle and the roll over minutes on at&t may do you great to recover some of the expenses.. what I did is for the first month I barely made or talked on the phone much..

then the month after I talked for about half my minutes

the rollover minutes stacked up and I was good to go.. that is one thing I will miss a ton.

The rest I still have the device so im not missing much

I hope you find what your looking for and don't make yourself a stranger around these parts
    Quick question on the rollover thing.......When I was with ATT, you had to go through your regular plan minutes, before you could use your rollover.......Has this changed?
    12-11-08 06:43 AM
    So you like everything about the phone except for dust under the screen... you like the browser (it's quick), the click screen, and more so you like Verizon...

But you are switching because the apps for the Iphone are too good? Why would you switch over from a phone/service that you really like, when you know that they are releasing an app store not too far down the road? You will be sorry when Verizon releases that app store, IMO. Good luck.
    12-11-08 08:17 AM
    Dust? What the h e l l are you doing with the thing? I've had mine a couple weeks now, in and out of my pocket, sitting face up different places in the house....NO DUST. I have not removed the OEM screen cover yet, may never. Maybe thats why its there!

In fact, I've only had a very small number of issues others are griping about. It only self-rebooted once and I think that was me typing too fast. Screen rotation is related to what you have on the screen, lots of graphics, slow, blank Word doc, fast. Lag, Im sure its doing things in the background when this is experienced. Everyone needs to shut up and stop posting every single thought they have about their Storm or others.
    12-11-08 08:54 AM
    Dust? What the h e l l are you doing with the thing? I've had mine a couple weeks now, in and out of my pocket, sitting face up different places in the house....NO DUST. I have not removed the OEM screen cover yet, may never. Maybe thats why its there!

In fact, I've only had a very small number of issues others are griping about. It only self-rebooted once and I think that was me typing too fast. Screen rotation is related to what you have on the screen, lots of graphics, slow, blank Word doc, fast. Lag, Im sure its doing things in the background when this is experienced. Everyone needs to shut up and stop posting every single thought they have about their Storm or others.
    There is dust there is no way from preventing dust from getting under there. I belive that the app store for the storm will be garbage. There is to many problems with the storm, Nobody is going to want to support third party apps.
    12-11-08 09:48 AM
    There is dust there is no way from preventing dust from getting under there. I belive that the app store for the storm will be garbage. There is to many problems with the storm, Nobody is going to want to support third party apps.
    HaHa. You're just being ignorant. Your OP totally contradicts itself...
    12-11-08 10:01 AM
    Is it just me or does everyone else think that people who hate the storm should just ditch it and shutup? Dust? I for one dont have a problem. app store not being great? Well time will tell, but to knock it before it drops? If you want a "cool" app store jump to apple... then you can get a zippo on your phone, and we all know how useful that is. But for the love of god SHUT UP and switch. If you don't like the storm don't own it.
    12-11-08 10:05 AM
    The phone has only been out 2 weeks and already there have been dozens of apps released like Ascendo data vault, viigo, and Garmin. People are working on independent apps as well. We have previous BB apps being updated for the storm very quickly.

The way the storms are flying off the shelf is going to demand at least some app support. Once the app store is released, it'll be even easier for independent guys to get their apps up and recognized. It's nothing but a vehicle for the support developers are already showing the Storm. I just don't see your concern about third party support.
    12-11-08 10:12 AM
    i think you guys get a little too heated in these discussions. i dont know about dust, thats weird bc i havent had that problem, i am about to take my oem plastic screen cover off so i hope that doesnt have something to do with it, it shouldnt. phone is amazing since the update. im new to BB so its a work in progress but so far so good. only thing so far is when i talk on the phone i sometimes hold it up to my ear w. my shoulder and keep hitting the mute button, anyone know if u can customize the in call screen options?
    12-11-08 10:15 AM
    If you just want the apps why not just get an itouch then?
    12-11-08 10:18 AM
    Just got my Storm last night and I think that I am going to really like it. I do own the iPhone and the Storm just has way more nice features etc. to ignore. With a couple of more days typing on it, I will really not be able to put it down. I think that this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship. Here's looking at you kid.
    12-11-08 11:36 AM
    Enjoy the iPhone! It is a great device. It isn't hard to type on when you get use to it. Just like the Storm, it takes some time, but I type faster on my iPhone than I do on my Bold. Use both thumbs! I don't know why i keep seeing videos with people only using one finger. Nowhere near as fast that way.
    12-11-08 12:02 PM
    I can say whatever i want. I'm sure some people fine my post use full. Yeah the zippo app is the first app i'm going to buy. Hmmm how about Remote desktop or voip over wifi. Try that with the storm. Dust yes there is dust getting under my screen. I'm only had it for 2 weeks wait till after a couple of months its just going to keep building and building. Why would any developers want to support the storm when then see already how much of a flop this phone really is. Also wifi is a big deal for me. I know why did I get the storm when i knew it had no wifi. Stupid me!
    12-11-08 01:25 PM
    I can say whatever i want. I'm sure some people fine my post use full. Yeah the zippo app is the first app i'm going to buy. Hmmm how about Remote desktop or voip over wifi. Try that with the storm. Dust yes there is dust getting under my screen. I'm only had it for 2 weeks wait till after a couple of months its just going to keep building and building. Why would any developers want to support the storm when then see already how much of a flop this phone really is. Also wifi is a big deal for me. I know why did I get the storm when i knew it had no wifi. Stupid me!
    Hopefully the Iphone comes with a grammar app as well...

[EDIT]: Didn't realize someone already put this... at least I'm not the only one to notice.
    12-11-08 02:58 PM
    i wrote it out pretty fast so sorry.
    12-11-08 03:24 PM
    Stupid me!
    Thats the first step Johnny; admitting it.

The door is
    ------------------>
    That-a'-way.
    12-11-08 03:31 PM
    yeah i think ill still stick around just to make you mad *******!
    12-11-08 03:50 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD