After reading various posts to try and find out why I cannot bring up the media progress bar that allows you to rewind and fast forward I am still left with problems.

Like many replies that I have seen that simply say to tap, touch, click the screen, I still cannot efficiently bring up the progress bar, i have successfully brought it up a few times only by clicking it rapidly maybe 3 or 4 times.

Does anybody have any answers, I have the .75 software update but I still cannot bring it up with ease
    (touching the screen does not work)
    12-14-08 03:07 PM
    Yeah, simply touching the album art is supposed to bring it up. Maybe doing a wipe will fix your problem?
    12-14-08 03:16 PM
    for me I just tap the screen... not touch it...but tap it in the middle of the screen.. tap it.... Then I click the slider where i want it.. then click the slider again... Its not as fine tuned as most mp3 players but it works..
    Works fine for me in .75. All you need to do is tap the screen and it should toggle the progress bar on and off. Clicking will not bring up the progress bar. Tested and verified in response to this post.
    Yep, just tap the screen to bring up the progress bar. Once there click the bar where you want to move to, and then click again. It will jump to where you clicked on the track.
    12-14-08 03:26 PM
    thanks for the posts, ive tried clicking and tapping the art, where the progress bar should be and pretty much everywhere else on the screen and no luck..how would i go about a whipe? and could it be a software problem (i have .75) maybe it is just mine phone..i dont want to send it back becuz the phone itself is just fine other than that
    12-14-08 03:36 PM
    I'm using .76 and you can click the progress bar and then move it to where you want.
    12-14-08 03:36 PM
    I'm using .76 and you can click the progress bar and then move it to where you want.
    .76......where did u get it? is it any better than 75?
    12-14-08 03:38 PM
    I can use the touch and tap methods with videos that I have converted. Videos that have been downloaded, there is a long delay.
    12-14-08 03:55 PM
    I only get this to work about one time out of 10.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-08 06:27 PM
    Well, It's still far from perfect on .121

1. Tap on the art.
    2. Tap on the progress bar (you'll see a line highlight it when you get it right, it can take a few tries)
    3. now click on the progress bar (this usually work the first time) This seems to put the progress bar into drag mode.
    4. now you can drag without clicking. In fact you can drag up on the art left and right. The progress bar will move in 1cm jumps.
    5. Once you have the bar where you want it, click on the art again, and it will jump and start playing at the new spot.

Note: Landscape mode doesn't work this way.

Note: this is a very lousy mp3 player.
    04-27-09 01:35 AM
    Well, It's still far from perfect on .121

1. Tap on the art.
    2. Tap on the progress bar (you'll see a line highlight it when you get it right, it can take a few tries)
    3. now click on the progress bar (this usually work the first time) This seems to put the progress bar into drag mode.
    4. now you can drag without clicking. In fact you can drag up on the art left and right. The progress bar will move in 1cm jumps.
    5. Once you have the bar where you want it, click on the art again, and it will jump and start playing at the new spot.

Note: Landscape mode doesn't work this way.
    Subtle but important guidance, TAP the screen (touch and press do not work). The same subtle difference between changing volume and changing songs when pressing the side buttons.

Once I learned this, it has worked consistently for me. Also, it DOES work in landscape mode with 4.7.0.109 (on my way to 4.7.0.132 tonight).
    05-01-09 01:18 PM
    I couldn't FWD/RWD, but then I moved all my music from the Device Memory to the Memory Card... now I can do it!
    05-06-09 01:50 AM
    I can't get mine to display either by tapping ANYWHERE on the screen. I am running .141
    05-13-09 11:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD