Not sure what's going on. I am using a Storm1. As you know this weekend BIS did an upgrade. At the same time Verizon dropped Yahoo as their e-mail server.

I went into BIS and made the incoming and outgoing changes. It took and I resent a service book.

I haven't been able to receive e-mail since. I can send e-mail but not receive.

I've done a wipe and everything else I can think of. Any ideas?
    03-30-10 11:24 AM
    I've got a S2 & have a yahoo email account as well, it's all working great! Sorry~ Good luck.
    03-30-10 12:15 PM
    I've got a S2 & have a yahoo email account as well, it's all working great! Sorry~ Good luck.
    Not really a Yahoo Account. Verizon e-mail used Yahoo as their mail server. They now have switched to their own and don't use Yahoo any longer.

Thanks
    03-30-10 12:20 PM
    I'm having the same problem. Anyone have any ideas how to fix it?
    04-01-10 05:04 PM
    im using yahoo,,and its fine... - -*
    04-01-10 05:44 PM
    Not sure what's going on. I am using a Storm1. As you know this weekend BIS did an upgrade. At the same time Verizon dropped Yahoo as their e-mail server.

I went into BIS and made the incoming and outgoing changes. It took and I resent a service book.

I haven't been able to receive e-mail since. I can send e-mail but not receive.

I've done a wipe and everything else I can think of. Any ideas?
    It sounds to me like you are saying that Verizon is your ISP. Do you have Verizon DSL or FiOS for your Internet service?

Are you receiving your e-mails on your PC?

Is your Verizon e-mail IMAP or POP3?

Do you use Outlook or some other mail client?
    04-01-10 05:53 PM
    I'm having the same problem. Anyone have any ideas how to fix it?
    Got to set up on your phone. If you see a Yahoo Icon beside the e-mail address you use delete the address. Do a battery pull and then do a set up again and put your e-mail address back in. When it takes the Yahoo Icon should be gone. You have to do it from the phone not over the internet at BIS.

This fixed mine after 2 days of trial and error, BIS and Verizon are clueless.

But e-mail to your Blackberry will slow to nothing. Went from average 2-3 min to get e-mail to 15-20.

Not sure what I'm going to get, but I've had enough of Blackberry and getting something else tomorrow.
    04-01-10 06:37 PM
    Tried that. I still get the Yahoo icon and no emails so far.
    04-02-10 08:45 AM
    I didn't receive any email today (usually get a bunch of junk in the early AM hours), but when I went to the VZW BIS website, I had to re-enter the email passwords to reactivate the email accounts. Everything has been normal since.

I don't have yahoo but maybe a revisit to the BIS site will help.
    04-02-10 12:18 PM
    I've tried going through the BIS site too. Still nothing. And it won't let me access the incoming and outgoing servers to change them. It just sets up the account and only lets me change the basic info. This is really getting frustrating!
    04-02-10 02:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD