Running BB's .114 hybrid v3

I've never had a problem playing .AVI files in the past, aside from the slight framerate skip that occurs for everyone. Yesterday, I was watching Big Bang Theory and I got about 4 minutes into the episode then it froze. I did a battery pull and now whenever I try to play .AVI files it says Error...Media is of Unsupported Format (or something very close to that, I can't remember precisely)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 11:52 AM
    Just to get it out of the way... AVI is a CONTAINER format, it is NOT a format in and of itself. AVI files could have Divx video with MP3 audio or Xvid video with AC3 audio, or a nearly infinite mix of audio and video codec combinations.

And why don't you go do whatever you need to do to get the EXACT error message.
    04-08-09 12:08 PM
    Just to get it out of the way... AVI is a CONTAINER format, it is NOT a format in and of itself. AVI files could have Divx video with MP3 audio or Xvid video with AC3 audio, or a nearly infinite mix of audio and video codec combinations.

And why don't you go do whatever you need to do to get the EXACT error message.
    Dude, what the f*ck? Is it really necessary to say it like that?

The message displayed is:

Code:
     The media being played is of an unsupported format
    Would you look at that jack***, my memory amazes me...
    04-08-09 01:07 PM
    Dude, what the f*ck? Is it really necessary to say it like that?
    Yes.

The message displayed is:

Code:
     The media being played is of an unsupported format
    Would you look at that jack***, my memory amazes me...
    Well good, now you get to solve it on your own, or hope someone else will help you.
    04-08-09 01:09 PM
    Well good, now you get to solve it on your own, or hope someone else will help you.
    At first I felt a little bad for the backlash I threw your way. After all, you were only trying to help me out. But after looking through your other posts, you really are a tool. All you do is belittle people throughout the forums. Granted, I realize a lot of questions get repeated constantly (often on the same page!), but that is what happens in all forums, blackberry related or not. We don't need you going through and pointing it out and making noobs feel unwelcome. Point them in the right direction so eventually they will learn and help others.
    04-08-09 01:33 PM
    Off the subject but...
    cartisdm, I like your signature... hehe

"You know you have a Storm when your girlfriend tells you that you're more in love your phone than her.....and you agree."
    04-08-09 02:46 PM
    Running BB's .114 hybrid v3

I've never had a problem playing .AVI files in the past, aside from the slight framerate skip that occurs for everyone. Yesterday, I was watching Big Bang Theory and I got about 4 minutes into the episode then it froze. I did a battery pull and now whenever I try to play .AVI files it says Error...Media is of Unsupported Format (or something very close to that, I can't remember precisely)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Trying changing the extenstion to *.mpg

It's a long shot, but worth a try!

Falconz
    04-08-09 02:53 PM
    Have you been able to play this file successfully in the past? If not, try playing a file that you were able to play before. It may just be a file type that really isn't supported.

There are just way too many types of .avi files (mpg, h.264, mkv, and etc) and I am not really sure which ones are supported by the Storm.
    04-08-09 02:57 PM
    man, i'm so glad i dont have to deal with tech support calls anymore...people ask for help, you ask for specifics and they get **** hurt? i'll prolly do it again if i can start reading minds...until then, search tool is your friend...if you don't find what you're looking for, RIM's knowledge base is really helpful also...
    blackberry.com/support and search for the topic.
    04-08-09 03:00 PM
    Have you been able to play this file successfully in the past? If not, try playing a file that you were able to play before. It may just be a file type that really isn't supported.

There are just way too many types of .avi files (mpg, h.264, mkv, and etc) and I am not really sure which ones are supported by the Storm.
    I was playing them just fine. In fact, I was in the middle of playing a certain video then it crashed on me a few minutes in. After the battery pull I tried going back to the video and it just gives me a blank screen with the error now when I try to play it.

After I get back from class tonight I will mess with the file extensions some more.

man, i'm so glad i dont have to deal with tech support calls anymore...people ask for help, you ask for specifics and they get **** hurt? i'll prolly do it again if i can start reading minds...until then, search tool is your friend...if you don't find what you're looking for, RIM's knowledge base is really helpful also...
    blackberry.com/support and search for the topic.
    I'm sure anyone can see it was the way bigboy2 phrased his response that got me annoyed. Check out his other posts and see for yourself how much of a pr!ck he is to other crackberry users. We don't need people like him wasting our time in the forums.
    04-08-09 03:45 PM
    I ended up formatting my media card and tried playing some other files. Works just fine now, weird. I must have had a corrupted file and that somehow messed up the media player for the other files too
    04-08-09 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD