I have had the Storm since launch day and have so far installed every leaked firmware with each being better than the last. After about 2 weeks of .85 my storm seems to be stuck in speaker mode when answering or placing a call. Only problem is there is no speaker volume and it will not return to handset mode. This makes the phone function of my Storm useless and is getting me in trouble a few times by not being able to answer calls. I downgraded to .75 which fixed the problem. Last night I installed .86 and imediately had the same exact problem. Any ideas or anyone else experienced this?
    01-13-09 11:34 AM
    Seems that it stands to reason to stay with 75 if it works best for you.

Are you running phone lock apps like talklock or storm lock? What are the permissions set to?
    01-13-09 11:50 AM
    Something else is causing this problem for you on those OS revisions. When the problem happens, do you ever pull the battery to see if that fixes it or do you simply panic, forget that you can do that as a test to see if it will fix the issue, and just downgrade back down to .75?
    01-13-09 11:57 AM
    Yes I've done close to 10 battery pulls today and no luck. The only apps I have installed are myspace, facebook, and google maps.
    What permissions would cause not being able to switch between speaker and handset?
    01-13-09 12:09 PM
    Get with VZN by phone. You have one of their phones - this is what they do. If necessary, they will take you through a wipe. If they cannot get it, they will escalate to RIM. I recommend you stick with 4.7.0.75. Good Luck !

Doctor Neutron
    01-13-09 03:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD