I was on a call this morning in the car when the battery ran low, and the battery indicator lit up red. Told the person I'd call right back. I plugged the phone into the cigarette lighter adapter, and then tried to call back. Every time I tried the phone displayed "Battery too low for radio use" and wouldn't let me complete the call, even though it was plugged in, and the battery charging icon was there.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is this normal for a BB? I've never had a phone (including other smartphones) where I couldn't make a call when it was plugged in. When it's plugged in, it shouldn't matter how much of a charge is on the battery.
    12-01-08 09:12 AM
    Do you have WiFi or BT on?
    Is the DC charger an OEM (BB)?
    12-01-08 09:17 AM
    I got this. Apparently at 5% battery, the Stotm shuts off the radio and won't turn it back on till it's charged some.

I was questioning the logic of thiis myself as at that time the only thing I could do is run the media player. I'd think that being able to receive a call until the battery is completely dead would be logical. And that giving it AC power would allow the radio to be turned back on.

Maybe that's too logical
    12-01-08 09:22 AM
    This happened to me while I was in the house with AC adapter...couldn't make calls or send/receive msgs for almost 30 minutes
    12-01-08 09:24 AM
    This happened to me while I was in the house with AC adapter...couldn't make calls or send/receive msgs for almost 30 minutes
    yeah, it wouldn't let me make another call again until the batt indicator turned yellow and there was one bar.
    12-01-08 09:25 AM
    This is typical of all berries, not just the storm. Don't know why it does this.
    12-01-08 09:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD