First let me begin by saying ....

I HAVE USED THE SEARCH FUNCTION
    I HAVE TRIED A BATTERY PULL
    CHECKED SAVED MESSAGES
    AND OTHER SUGGETIONS OFFERED DURING MY SEARCH..

With that out of the way let my explain my situation. I upgraded my storm to .151 yesturday and since I have noticed that I had 2 "unread emails".

I searched for unopened mail and sms etc marking them unopened and reopening. Upon further investigation I realized that I was unable to send emails. I found the solution to this by going into Options/Advanced Options/Host Routing Table where i had to reregister my email. ( i dont know excatly what this is if you would like to explain please do).

Regardless, even though my email works now, I still can not get rid of the icon saying i have two messages.

Also after getting my email to work I sent emails to all the addresses I have and recieved them and deleted them with no problems.
    Last edited by dce21b; 08-19-09 at 12:12 PM.
    08-19-09 10:21 AM
    Did you check your "Messages" Folder? If you hide it, messages from Blackberry App World, Verizon, etc get sent there and don't show up on email folders. So they still show up as indicators even though you think you have no messages.
    08-19-09 10:43 AM
    I've noticed, too, that missed calls will flag a 'new message' and I have to, at times, go to the actual calls list to clear them.
    08-19-09 11:37 AM
    Thanks guys I found it they were in the messages folder. I had previously sorted out all my icons into different folders so things were more orginized. When I installed the new OS VZW sent me messages confiming the phone was reregistered or what ever and they went into that folder.

Messages Icon has now been moved to my Im-Email folder.

Thanks again!
    08-19-09 12:11 PM
    if it isn't sent to a specific email address, it'll be in your "messages" folder...that's where your "welcome" and "register" message goes, as well as PIN messages...
    08-19-09 05:05 PM
    I seem to have the same issue.
    On one of my email folders it shows two unopened messages and also on the home screen. I open the folder and scroll thru the whole thing but cant find any unopened emails.
    I then go to "mark all prior open" and the two unopened emails is still there.

Kinda at a loss here on what else to check.
    08-20-09 06:29 AM
    To search for stray messages open the Messages icon, then press the BB (menu) button, and select view folders, there will be several to check, make sure to check missed calls if course.
    08-20-09 06:59 AM
    I've tried that route and didn't find anything that wasn't opned alresdy. When I check the individual email account folders, I have one that has the #2 next to it. This usally means that there are two unopened emails in it. I open the folder but there isn't any unopened emails(theres only ten in it).

This all started after installing one of the hybrids-lyricidal's latest.
    08-20-09 01:53 PM
    could be an OS glitch, who know's what bits and pieces they have in there!

load a non-hybrid and we can help troubleshoot, if you're on a hybrid then good luck figuring it out on your own!
    08-20-09 02:11 PM
    Yeah, I figured I'd go back to .151.
    08-20-09 09:11 PM
    and i know it sounds ********, but make sure you check your "messages" folder...PIN, HRT registration and welcome messages are all in your combined inbox folder, and they get missed a lot by people who have separate inboxes and multiple email folders, they check the separate folders and ignore the common one...
    08-20-09 09:13 PM
    Remove all of your e-mail address', restart the device, and re-load all of your e-mail address' back onto the device.
    08-21-09 12:31 AM
    Found the problem.
    After deleting EVERYTHING, the unopened messages were in the saved folder.
    For what ever reason when I installed the hybrid some of the emails went from marked open to unopened. When I switched back to 151 they stayed unopened.
    But now everything is fine........ I think.

Sorry for the nOOb moment.
    08-21-09 06:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD