i tried calling and it says it's connected but we can't hear each other. i only get text messages.

anyone know how to fix this?
    05-08-09 06:58 PM
    can you hear me now

did you try a battery pull yet?
    05-08-09 07:00 PM
    You don't get a dialtone on a cell phone.....I can't think of any reason that your SMS would work and the phone capabilities wouldn't work. Is the data working on the phone??
    05-08-09 07:00 PM
    Are you hitting the mute button? Did you press the mute button at the top of the device on the other side of the lock button? Is the volume turned all the way down?
    05-08-09 07:01 PM
    That has happen to me once, and it was a dumb mistake on my part, i had my Bluetooth on and connected to my Wireless headphones, Forgot to turn it off when i was done, so when i was trying to call some one at home, all sounds were going through my headset, not my phone, took me like 3 minutes to realise i made a dumb mistake lol. Could you have done the same thing?
    05-08-09 07:08 PM
    checked the bluetooth and mute but no luck. i might have to wipe the phone and load the software.
    05-08-09 07:24 PM
    did you use a headset, not bluetooth, previously?
    05-08-09 10:34 PM
    You don't get a dialtone on a cell phone.....
    Wrong. One phone has it!

Leaked photos of the upcoming Jitterbug Rotary show there's going to be a version with a rotary dial for those who don't like those newfangled pushbutton telephones. Cord is optional.

05-09-09 03:05 AM
    My Storm doesn't take dimes very well either...tried shoving them in the SIM slot when the operator told me I needed $3.75 to continue my call but after the first two I couldn't fit any more in there.

I also haven't been very lucky installing the extended phone cord, either. The end broke off in the little slot next to my left convenience key and I tried fishing it out with a screwdriver but no luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-09 08:32 AM
    i tried calling and it says it's connected but we can't hear each other. i only get text messages.

anyone know how to fix this?
    I actually have had this problem with my last two Verizon phones. My Storm and my LG Voyager. I could call out, the call connects, the seconds tick on my phone showing it's connected...but i can't hear ringing. They can pick up but can't hear me and i can't hear them. I hang up try again, happens again. I hang up and try a third time and the third time it will always connect like nothing was wrong, i can hear them, they hear me, i hear ringing. (mind you this is all just the phone and me, no BT involved. So it's not a blue tooth issue)

No idea what it is. But it isn't BB specific. I had it on my Voyager. I seem to get it multiple times a week too. I don't know if it only happens at a specific time, or something, i don't track the trends. But i have it happen often.

If you or anyone figures out a solution, let me know.
    05-09-09 08:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD