So i returned my 2nd storm (1st click issue, 2nd heavy dust issue) and got a refurb. Screen click is amazing on it and i felt like i lucked out. However after transfering all my data to the new phone and activating with *228 my phone was still staying in 1xev mode. I figured whatever ill do a batt pull and it will jump to 1XEV and all will be fine. Well it never did. Called VZW and their techs couldnt help me so they in turned called RIM on my behalf. RIM couldnt figure out why my phone would not accept data and today after 3 days of having no data (texting and calling work fine) VZW authorizes a NEW phone to be overnighted to me. ANYONE have or heard of this prob? Do you think its just a phone hardware issue? Maybe a bad ESN #? Any thoughts would be interesting.
    Cant tell you how frustrating its been being "out of touch" as i use my phone a great deal for work. Im very happy I spent the extra money and only bought a 1 year contract with the storm. Its so close to being something great, i think it just needed more time/R&D.
    05-04-09 03:45 PM
    Did you try going to options > advanced options > host routing table > BB button > register now?
    05-04-09 03:45 PM
    Yeah thats exactly what the verizon techs and RIM instructed me to do. This list never populated for whatever reason. Just never worked.
    05-04-09 03:50 PM
    Go into your Verizon online account and switch phones again. Except this time, just retype the info you have on the existing Storm (the one with the data issues). Make sure you have everything correct and submit. Give it 2 minutes and then dial *22899 Send. Wait for it to hang up. Pull battery and see what happens. Also go into your BIS account via this site https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw and do a Change Device from the menus and fill in the info from the new phone.
    05-04-09 04:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD