I can't delete applications, themes, or languages. I click Options>Advanced Options>Applications to get the list of applications, highlight what I want to delete, click the bb button and select delete. This used to work for me but now I get this message:

“Unable to remove (name of application). It is required by IT policy application control.”

I've talked to my IT Admin (this is a BES work phone) but he tells me there are no restrictions on my phone, I have the same rights that he has on his Storm and he can delete stuff with no problem. He tried to reset my restrictions but it didn't help. He contacted BB and they told him there was no such policy that would prevent me from deleting apps (there are policies to prevent loading but not deleting).

Any idea what's going on? Like I said, I used to delete stuff all the time (a bunch of themes, apps I didn't want) but now I can't delete anything. This happened a few weeks before I downloaded OS v148. I installed 148 today and still can't delete.

update: I tried deleting through the Desktop Manger and that doesn't work either.
    06-03-09 06:09 PM
    What specifically are you trying to delete?
    06-03-09 09:03 PM
    before I upgraded to 148 I wanted to delete Quicklaunch so I could add a newer version. Once I realized that I couldn't delete that, I tried to delete Viigo, Google Maps, my theme, BeeFart, all without success. Keep in mind that I deleted multiple themes and apps that I didn't want in the first few months I had the phone, now I can delete nothing.

Now that I'm on 148 I'm trying to delete the korean and japanese characters and fonts but can't. These are things I deleted without problems when I first got my phone.
    06-04-09 02:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD