Here's the scoop. I just moved to Germany with my Verizon Wireless Blackberry Storm. When I got here, I ordered a pre-paid SIM card with data plan from Simyo. Since unlocking my BB, I've been able to place and receive calls and SMS with no problem. Unfortunately, my BB internet browser icon is nowhere to be found, and when I try to access it in the application switcher, it says "your device does not currently have and Browser Configuration Service Book Entries." So, knowing that I don't have any Verizon or BB support here, I followed the instructions on this thread (including changing APN to "internet" and downloading Opera 4.2) but of course, after I download opera from my PC and try to install it, Opera says "Failed to connect to Internet." Help!
    10-07-10 05:23 AM
    Does your "data plan from Simyo" include BLACKBERRY Data? You will need a BlackBerry Specific Data Plan in order to get BlackBerry Data features.
    10-07-10 06:15 AM
    Here's the scoop. I just moved to Germany with my Verizon Wireless Blackberry Storm. When I got here, I ordered a pre-paid SIM card with data plan from Simyo. Since unlocking my BB, I've been able to place and receive calls and SMS with no problem. Unfortunately, my BB internet browser icon is nowhere to be found, and when I try to access it in the application switcher, it says "your device does not currently have and Browser Configuration Service Book Entries." So, knowing that I don't have any Verizon or BB support here, I followed the instructions on this thread (including changing APN to "internet" and downloading Opera 4.2) but of course, after I download opera from my PC and try to install it, Opera says "Failed to connect to Internet." Help!
    Need to have A BlackBerry Data Plan like the above poster mentioned.
    10-07-10 06:36 PM
    Yep, gotta ask for a data plan..

Call a provider and tell them the following: "Hallo, ich moechte ein Blackberry-Tarif buchen bitte"
    10-07-10 08:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD