So I recently upgraded to the .109 version on my 9530. Everything is fine, but for some reason it won't let me compose emails in my message center anymore. When I try I get this message:

No message services configured. You will be redirected to the Setup Wizard to setup your email account.

Ok, no big deal. So I click OK and it takes me there, so that I can add an email account to the message center service. Here's the thing though, my email address is ALREADY listed under email accounts! And I am RECEIVING all my emails to my phone still. So what gives??? I receive all emails I get to my in box but I can't compose or reply new emails? Please help.
    03-14-09 02:19 PM
    Options adv options host routing table bb menu key register now

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-09 03:29 PM
    I just had the same situation happen to me, I was upgrading to .114 but that won't make a difference in the solution. I assume you are on the Verizon network, I know, assumptions can be wrong.
    I was getting some yahoo mail but was unable to compose and send as I didn't configure a email account. BB and Verizon have a site where you can enter your 3rd party email. Sorry I can't put the link in as this is only my ninth post to crackberry and I need to hit the magic 10 number
    simply to set up your email, icon will show on handhelp and 20 min later you are good to go.
    03-14-09 03:43 PM
    Ok I did that and got a message saying that my phone has been registered. How long will it take before I can compose emails (which I still can't)? Also, it won't allow me to sync deletion from phone w/ email because "wireless sync" is not enabled on my phone. How can I get that going as well?
    03-14-09 03:53 PM
    Ahhhh did you ever setup your email on the BIS or did you do it from the phone when you got it?
    03-14-09 03:55 PM
    Ahhhh did you ever setup your email on the BIS or did you do it from the phone when you got it?
    BIS? not sure what that is an acronym for. I initially setup my email on the phone itself when I was running .75 and I could receive/send emails with no problems.
    03-14-09 06:23 PM
    UPDATE: Problem sort of fixed.

I deleted my email off the account and then re added it on the phone. This added that email to my main menu screen and now I can receive/ send emails for this address.

However, I tried setting up my email on the BIS server at blackberry.com and have been unsuccessful. It asks me for my PIN which I enter, and also my ESN/MEID which is not listed on the box anywhere. I tried using the MEID DEC # but it tells me my pin has already been used to set up an account. I don't recall ever setting up an account and I the username/ password combo I typically use is not working. There is also an MEID HEX # on the box but that doesn't work either.

I'm going to want several emails linked to the phone but i'd prefer not to have an icon for each one + the message center icon all flashing new message at me if I can avoid it.

any input is appreciated.
    03-16-09 12:41 AM
    Run the Email Setup app on the Storm. Once in it hit Menu/Create Username. Then use this username and password on the BIS portal site on your PC.

Really wish Verizon would force users to create user accounts to begin with. It would solve this problem along with the problems that arise from this when people get their phones swapped.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-09 12:51 AM
    that fixed it. Thanks!
    03-16-09 01:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD