I have a Storm 9530 (unlocked) & I need some help w/what appears to be (hopefully) a minor problem that im missing. All im trying to do is change my profiles (for example) from "Normal" where it rings/vibrates ect.. then to "Vibrate" which obviously i want to just vibrate for everything, but when I do & change everything to vibrate under the "vibrate" profile, then later change it back to "Normal" i have to re-change all the settings back to ringtone/volume/ect... so its not saving my settings for each profile, just changes the active profile i choose. REALLY annoying & frustrating, since thats the point of having diff profiles. It worked fine on my Curve 8320 I had before this, i was able to switch between the 2 modes for Home & Work. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
    03-05-09 11:28 AM
    I'd be curious about this as well, as I noticed this problem from day 1 and never bothered to investigate the issue. I've since tried multiple OS versions......currently using .109 in hopes that it would be fixed and haven't personally seen anything.

What I did, from day 2 after the frustration overwhelmed me - was created my own custom profiles, 1-Vibrate, 2-Quiet, 3-Normal, 4-Loud and gave it the settings I felt should have taken on the BlackBerry profiles.

Hopefully someone has an answer.
    03-05-09 12:00 PM
    Roadrage has the answer I was also going to give. Create your own custom profiles and it should work fine.

This has been a problem from the time of the release.
    03-05-09 12:10 PM
    Roadrage has the answer I was also going to give. Create your own custom profiles and it should work fine.

This has been a problem from the time of the release.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one - though it is very disappointing.
    I like the color coded profile for a quick glance at what my current profile is, versus the generic gray icon.

Oh well......it's so totally a non-issue at this point since it's pretty much the way I've come to enjoy my phone since 11/21.
    03-05-09 01:19 PM
    I had that issue as well...I would change it to the vibrate obtion and the audio on my messages would come through...but like a previous poster said make your own custom ones and you should be fine. Mine just vibrates no problem. The default silent one works fine also...
    03-05-09 01:44 PM
    I just set custom profiles.. One for work, home and one for when im out with friends. Thats the only solution i've come to find. Its not hard.
    03-06-09 01:30 AM
    I just set custom profiles.. One for work, home and one for when im out with friends. Thats the only solution i've come to find. Its not hard.
    I always have my phone set on a custom vibrate for phone and messages...but this is a really good idea...because by setting the custom vibrate, I could never set my phone to ring without turning off my custom vibrate....but now, thanks to you, i can just customize my own profiles...basically i mean i can just make one profile for ring and then just switch from regular to ring whenever i please...Thanks bry
    03-06-09 04:07 AM
    How did you guys get your custom profiles to work? I set one up as night...Turned off everything but the phone, yet I still get a chime when I get an email. I set emails to silent, led off, and vibrate off, yet I still get a chime noise. I have the trial version of BuzzBerry, and I made sure to set all of those to silent as well. I also tried the battery pull and still no luck...any ideas?
    03-06-09 11:18 AM
    For some reason, when i made my custom profile for ring only, my ring tone doesn't ring with my phone in my holster...any clue on how to have it ring both inside and outside holster?? as of right now it only rings outside the holster...i only see the option for that in the original sound profiles, but not the custom one..however it will let you customize the vibrate to vibrate both in and out of holster? any ideas??...do I need to turn vibrate off or something??...help please..
    03-08-09 06:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD