in the process of upgrading my storm to .76 i needed to backup the device before wiping. for some reason it keeps on getting held up at the "backing up device memory" phase of the process.

does anyone know how to solve this problem?
    12-10-08 01:14 PM
    Try clearing your caches first. Maybe a battery pull too.
    12-10-08 01:15 PM
    the caches are in the browser options? i already did this
    12-10-08 01:16 PM
    I was successful in backing up my Storm a couple times, then started getting an "unknown error" message.

Reinstalling DM took care of it. Perhaps that will help you too.
    12-10-08 01:17 PM
    hmmm, i don't even get an error. just stops midway through. i'll try it though.
    12-10-08 01:27 PM
    so i just reinstalled and still getting the same thing when it tries to backup "onboard device memory"

i know that in options you can not backup the memory but everything else. does anyone know what the point of backing up the memory is?
    12-10-08 02:29 PM
    In another thread, someone suggested going into the advanced backup and running the backup manually. I did that, and it allowed me to isolate the problem file. It is my browser cache. It didn't solve my problem, but at least I know the source. I also know that all the rest has been backed up.
    12-10-08 02:38 PM
    I was getting a "failure to backup data base" message. I deleted all caches in browser and it backed up fine. Every once in a while you luck out.
    12-10-08 03:16 PM
    again, does anyone know if it is necessary to backup "onboard memory"? because this feature can be unclicked.
    12-10-08 03:21 PM
    also how do you go into the advanced backup? i don't see this option. i'm using DM 4.7
    12-10-08 03:22 PM
    so for some reason, on my home laptop i am totally able to backup my storm. still no luck on my work computer.....
    12-11-08 01:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD