This morning i tried backing up my Storm on my computer using the newest version of Desktop Manager. After i click Back Up and i choose where i would like everything to be saved it says Transfer in progress then all the sudden it will pop up saying Error backing up database(S). And it asks me to click ok? Anyone have any idea what im doing roung.
    07-02-09 01:46 PM
    In DM, go to the backup/restore screen, on the right side scroll down to Browser Cache, select it, then click the Clear button. Now try backup again. It should work fine.
    07-02-09 01:50 PM
    clear your browser cache

browser>> option>> cache operations>> clear all the stuff there
    07-02-09 01:52 PM
    Hey I cant thank you guys enough it worked perfectly! So if my device is some how broke and unusable and I get my replacement all I have to do is hook it up and click Restore choose the dada file I just made and it will put it on my new phone almost like making a clone so every thing will be the same?
    07-02-09 02:12 PM
    That's right, except I would also recommend doing a 3rd party backup (http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...-4-7-a-125449/), if you have downloaded any 3rd party apps.
    07-02-09 02:15 PM
    Yes and no, when you back up with your DM, you don't back up your 3rd party apps, just your data. To back-up your apps look at my sig.
    07-02-09 02:16 PM
    I love my Storm! Hey thanks for the help so if I loose all those 3rd party apps
    can I just go back online and download them again and resign into the and will they work fine after that? The only reason I ask is because I only have just a few 3rd party apps.
    07-02-09 02:26 PM
    I love my Storm! Hey thanks for the help so if I loose all those 3rd party apps
    can I just go back online and download them again and resign into the and will they work fine after that? The only reason I ask is because I only have just a few 3rd party apps.
    That is correct.

The backup you just made is fixed to the time you made it, so if you get any new addresses, email, etc, they will not be on the new phone unless you do another backup just prior to changing over.
    07-02-09 04:00 PM
    Ok grate thanks. So i should try to back my phone up as much as possible when i can then.
    07-02-09 08:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD