I'm trying to change my display grid to show "2 rows". It currently is one 1 row. However, when I click the BB menu button and go to options, nothing happens. Is there any other way to accomplish this? Also, I went into my pics and transfered them to my p.c. I went in and deleted alot of pix on my phone to free up memory. I look on my phone, and the freakin pix are still there. Worst, some are doubles! I'm really getting fed up with the Storm. Mine is very slow and freezes alot. When someone calls, it takes me forever to answer the damn thing because it won't highlight the "answer" button and I get alot of missed calls that way. Any advice to help me have a more pleasant Storm experience?
    05-10-09 02:44 AM
    Ok, to fix the files that shouldn't be there, do a battery pull. That's what I had to do after moving files around using mass media mode.

As far as getting the menu open, when your screen is in the normal home screen mode, hit the BB button once, that should bring all your icons up and visible. Hit the BB again in that screen and you should get the menu with the options option.

As far as the missed calls and slow speed, what operating system are you running? Try upgrading to one of the official operating systems that was released by Bell or Telus. The instructions are in the Beta OS thread in the storm forums.
    05-10-09 02:55 AM
    Ok, to fix the files that shouldn't be there, do a battery pull. That's what I had to do after moving files around using mass media mode.

As far as getting the menu open, when your screen is in the normal home screen mode, hit the BB button once, that should bring all your icons up and visible. Hit the BB again in that screen and you should get the menu with the options option.

As far as the missed calls and slow speed, what operating system are you running? Try upgrading to one of the official operating systems that was released by Bell or Telus. The instructions are in the Beta OS thread in the storm forums.
    How can I tell?
    05-10-09 02:01 PM
    How can I tell?
    Options > About.

If you have not manually upgraded your OS on your own, then chances are you are running OS .75.
    05-10-09 02:05 PM
    I had the same Options problem when running .75 and an upgrade fixed the bug. Its a known bug with .75. Upgrading will fix a lot of problems with the phone
    05-10-09 02:10 PM
    Battery pull (w/device ON) restores access 2 home screen options. Glitch.

Options folder > about > 3rd line 4 OS version: v4.7.0.75?
    05-10-09 02:13 PM
    If you are refering to what operating system go to press your BB button> go to Options> select About and there you will see the what your OS software is. If you have not upgraded your OS since you purchased your device, it should be v4.7.0.75.

Also, are you using the BB DM to load and unload your pics? If you nare using the split screen, the copy up/down buttons do only that...copy... select the photos from your device (after you copy up to your PC) and click on the delete button (red X).

Hope that helps.
    05-10-09 02:19 PM
    Battery pull (w/device ON) restores access 2 home screen options. Glitch.

Options folder > about > 3rd line 4 OS version: v4.7.0.75?
    A battery pull will fix the problem for one use only, then the problem persists. Upgrading OS software PERMANENTLY fixed the problem for me
    05-10-09 02:26 PM
    Only happened 2 me once.
    05-10-09 02:31 PM
    If you are refering to what operating system go to press your BB button> go to Options> select About and there you will see the what your OS software is. If you have not upgraded your OS since you purchased your device, it should be v4.7.0.75.

Also, are you using the BB DM to load and unload your pics? If you nare using the split screen, the copy up/down buttons do only that...copy... select the photos from your device (after you copy up to your PC) and click on the delete button (red X).

Hope that helps.
    That's what mine is. I'm really sorry, I'm a newbie with this stuff and hope I don't annoy anyone with my questions. I hear a of people doing an upgrade to fix most of the problems. How do I go about doing this? If you could explain in simple terms. I'm not that great with all the BB lingo. Thanks again for all the help.
    05-10-09 07:20 PM
    Read through this entire thread: n00b Help Guide. It contains all of the information you need if you would like to upgrade your OS.
    05-10-09 07:22 PM
    Read through this entire thread: It contains all of the information you need if you would like to upgrade your OS.
    I followed all the steps until the 6th step. It says app loader will read my device which it does. When I find my pin and choose it, my screen is different from the instructions. My screen just shows apps I have on my phone different than what instructions show. When I click "next" is says "not enough storage to accomodate your selections." That's as far as I get. Any advice?
    05-10-09 08:41 PM
    Its a known bug in 0.75

Lame that no upgrade is out yet

Only way to fix this is a battery pull each time

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-09 09:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD