I am going to be traveling in about 3 weeks and reviewing my international calling options including buying a prepaid SIM and dropping it into the Storm. The problem is, I cannot get out the VZW SIM. I'ved looked in the manual, here on Crackberry, on the BB website and cannot find instructions on how to get the thing out. Can someone please tell me what the trick is since I am sure I am missing something?

TIA

EDIT: Used Google and saw a thread where someone said they used a pencil eraser (for a different device). It worked like a charm. The problem is how often do you come across a pencil with an eraser?!?!?!?!?
    11-22-08 08:26 PM
    It slides up towards the top of the phone. At first it looks like the guard is screwed on and you have to take it off to get the card out but it slides up.
    11-22-08 08:27 PM
    Oh my, the pencil eraser worked perfectly!! Thanks so much...I was trying everything to get it out.
    04-10-09 05:10 PM
    Wow, is this the level of smartness in the world anymore? Needed google to try and figure out how to remove a sim card.
    04-10-09 05:25 PM
    Wow, is this the level of smartness in the world anymore? Needed google to try and figure out how to remove a sim card.
    Oh, the irony is delicious.
    04-10-09 05:27 PM
    thanks, guys

sheesh!....I used some very sticky tape in an ingenious fashion to get mine out.

Why so cryptic on the procedure, RIM?
    04-20-09 01:17 PM
    Not bad from someone who could not get his servoce books following an upgrade about a month ago.

PK's Tips, Tricks & Help Thread
    Views: 12,538 Posted By flashman03
    PK help me out with this. Quote: Originally...

PK help me out with this.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by flashman03
    Alright, I did the .113 upload and resent my service books, registered the HRT and still get a message saying

"Your device does...
    04-20-09 02:59 PM
    I love it when someone gets their chops busted like that!
    04-20-09 03:09 PM
    I love it when someone gets their chops busted like that!
    me too

he wants to be a **** to someone with a question? what goes around comes around buddy!!
    04-20-09 03:25 PM
    wtf! it edited out j-e-r-k?
    04-20-09 03:28 PM
    I use a guitar pick to slide out the vzw Sim card. Below it, and it takes the tension from the spring loaded contacts underneath. Works quite well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-09 03:42 PM
    EDIT: Used Google and saw a thread where someone said they used a pencil eraser (for a different device). It worked like a charm. The problem is how often do you come across a pencil with an eraser?!?!?!?!?
    Do you frequently come across pencils WITHOUT erasers?!
    04-20-09 03:47 PM
    Not bad from someone who could not get his servoce books following an upgrade about a month ago.

Quote:
    Alright, I did the .113 upload and resent my service books, registered the HRT and still get a message saying

"Your device does...
    I would say trying to get service books to load on an unlocked cellphone is slightly different than figuring out how to remove a sim card. It does not take much intellect to take a sim card out. Flame away, doesnt bother me.

I find it funny you cant even quote properly so fire away bud.
    04-20-09 04:07 PM

Quote:

"Your device does...
    MUST HURT, STRAIGHT TO THE FACE
    04-20-09 08:33 PM
    Do you frequently come across pencils WITHOUT erasers?!
    Lol glad u brought it up. It could be a typo, I had to read it twice before moving on.

04-20-09 08:38 PM
    I had to use tweezers, its not easy to get mine out for some reason.
    04-20-09 08:43 PM
    Settle down people! That thing IS a B**** to remove. I think they want to discourage us from using our own SIMs.

And guess what gang? 90% of the help I give I learned from here too, and I have made PLENTY of bonehead mistakes too. And a long LONG time ago I was a net noob too, think CompuServe & BBS days. I'm sure not all of you guys are too young to remember that stuff, and dialup 400 baud.
    04-20-09 08:55 PM
    Settle down people! That thing IS a B**** to remove. I think they want to discourage us from using our own SIMs.

And guess what gang? 90% of the help I give I learned from here too, and I have made PLENTY of bonehead mistakes too. And a long LONG time ago I was a net noob too, think CompuServe & BBS days. I'm sure not all of you guys are too young to remember that stuff, and dialup 400 baud.
    What's a CompuServe???
    04-20-09 08:59 PM
    I am going to be traveling in about 3 weeks and reviewing my international calling options including buying a prepaid SIM and dropping it into the Storm. The problem is, I cannot get out the VZW SIM. I'ved looked in the manual, here on Crackberry, on the BB website and cannot find instructions on how to get the thing out. Can someone please tell me what the trick is since I am sure I am missing something?

TIA

Once you get it out you may want to put a little piece of tape on it so it will come out easily the next time. Depending upon where you are going you may want to swap the local sim in and out if you are going to use Verizon's Global Data Plan and use the local sim for calls
    04-20-09 09:02 PM
    What's a CompuServe???
    Here's the wiki on it, but basically it was AOL, long before AOL was around. It was the first comercial online service...

CompuServe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

EDIT: Come on gang I can't be the only one who remembers CompuServe?
    Last edited by pkcable; 04-20-09 at 10:32 PM.
    04-20-09 10:29 PM
    Here's the wiki on it, but basically it was AOL, long before AOL was around. It was the first comercial online service...

Not the only one. I knew there was a connection between it and AOL. I just always figured AOL was the egg.

04-20-09 10:48 PM

I was just messin around PK . I was just thinkin you must be really old to to know all these weird computer terms .

P.S. What's an AOL again?
    Last edited by shchasm; 04-20-09 at 10:55 PM. Reason: spelling
    04-20-09 10:53 PM
    Actually AOL bought compuserve (among other things, heck they would have bought the internet is the gov't would have let them!)

04-20-09 11:10 PM
    I was just messin around PK . I was just thinkin you must be really old to to know all these weird computer terms .

P.S. What's an AOL again?
    I'm younger than Reed McClay (no offense Reed) . I'm 43

04-20-09 11:12 PM
    I'm younger than Reed McClay (no offense Reed) . I'm 43

Do you remember the old IBM cable?
    04-20-09 11:14 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD