I am now officially p***ed off with my expensive plastic POS.
    Here you go:

Signal - never stays on 3G even standing next to the mast. Even with a good signal, the voice quality is awful.

Sleep Mode - pulling it out of the holster gives me a white screen for 30 secs.

Answering - I miss so many calls because it doesn't answer when I press the green hard button.

Accelerometer - more like Sloth-ometer, takes ages to move from one to the other.

Typing - slow as sho*te.

And before you say anything, I am sticking with it as I do actually think it has potential!!! Anyway - I cannot backup my phone via DM and keep getting the error that others are getting. No matter what I do, I get an error.

My question is - what do I really need to backup before I upgrade to OS .113?

Yours in steady state of anticipation of excellent advice ... blah, blah.

J
    03-31-09 10:30 AM
    what error are you getting?
    03-31-09 10:32 AM
    I believe I had to clear my browser cache before I could back up my storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 10:38 AM
    I have had trouble in the past backing up my Storm, but then I started doing the following steps which always seem to work for me:

(1) unplug the BB from the computer and set it to Mass Storage Mode (options>memory and then under "auto enable mass storage mode when connected" set to "yes").

(2) clear your browser cache (open the browser then hit BB menu key and then options>cache operations and then clear each one out. This normally does the trick.

(3) Go back about 2-3 days in your SMS folder and delete all prior messages (highlight the heading for a particular day and then hit the BB menu key and click "delete prior").

(4) Do the same for your main email folder.

Then plug the BB back up to the computer (type in your password on your BB if you have one to actually activate mass storage mode), start DM, and try the backup process again. I don't know why these particular steps work, but they always do for me. Indeed, I have yet to be able to back up my BB without doing all four.
    Last edited by foxymop702; 03-31-09 at 10:43 AM.
    03-31-09 10:40 AM
    Since it seems your question is getting answered by the people above, I would just like to recommend trying the .114 Hybrid V3 that is posted in the Beta OS section I have found this to be the best OS so far.

Just thought I'd throw that in there Hope the above steps people listed work for you.
    03-31-09 10:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD