I've been stuck with this problem since I returned from Portugal. Got Vodafone P signal while I was there, but did not have to make any calls or send texts. Later, I tried to make several calls (all UK calls) but the calls did not go through. The following message came up everytime: Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException. No signal problems...I've got 3G (all bars). No improvement with battery pulls. I tried going through RIM troubleshooter but I find it confusing to follow the steps as one steps leads to several others.
    What should I do? Thanks for any input.
    04-23-09 04:44 PM
    Call ur carrier?!

Note: maybe n/a but when out of ur local area if u do prl update w/nearby cell towers, phone may disconnect from network.
    Last edited by Transfigured; 04-23-09 at 09:11 PM.
    04-23-09 08:43 PM
    Call ur carrier?!

Note: maybe n/a but when out of ur local area if u do prl update w/nearby cell towers, phone may disconnect from network.
    Thanks, Transfigured. My carrier could not help much, only wanted me to send the phone over for repair. I am still holding on to the phone and using it in safe mode with the faint hope that the next official firmware (long due from VF UK) will sort this out. There is a mention of this this problem in the BB website, but too cumbersome to follow. I wondered if there was anyone else who has had this problem and has got out of it.

Dunno what prl update is, could you pl explain? In fact I did not have to use the phone at all while I was in Portugal...just used it as an alarm clock!! Problem just started on my return to UK.
    04-24-09 02:17 AM
    Likely unrelated 2 trouble as ur signal strength is normal & u did no update.

Preferred Roaming List. An update w/nearby cell towers allows phone 2 connect 2 new/better signal. Honestly i know almost nothing about it...just conveying what i've read.
    04-24-09 10:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD