Just would like to know if you can use your storm as a modem.
    04-18-09 02:31 AM
    04-18-09 02:38 AM
    Just would like to know if you can use your storm as a modem.
    Yes , you can , its called teathering , but it cost xtra.
    04-18-09 02:45 AM
    Well, technically it SHOULD cost extra, but there are a couple of 3rd party apps out there that allow you to tether using your regular data connection.

deepsky94 - You could have just answered the man/woman. Though that pic is a bit funny....
    04-18-09 05:21 AM
    VZW tethering plan is an additional $30 above and beyond your data plan with a 5gb limit. I was told they are running a promotion right now that would include first month free. So I have it (for the first month only!! lmao.) Look for tetherberry I have heard it works well and I am sure there are others. I have found anywhere I usually go i have access to a wifi signal so Tethering is pretty useless.
    04-18-09 06:27 AM
    Forget about VZW check out TetherBerry or PDAnet, I have used both each have a one time charge instead of a recurring monthly charge and either one works extremely well!!!
    04-18-09 06:39 AM
    Be aware though that some may argue that using TetherBerry or PDAnet violates VZW's usage policies. Although, it is highly unlikely that they would even find out, let alone do anyting about it IMO.

I personally beta tested Tetherberry and found it to work GREAT.
    04-18-09 06:42 AM
    You need a modem script to do this. I use the availible script from Fibbl,org that was original written for the 9500. I took the risk and downloaded the script for the BB 8800 after doing some research from other sites that suggested this was the best option for the 9530. It works great and I have been very happy with the results. This another feature that iPhone users wish they had. Here is the link, enjoy

Updated Modem Scripts for OS X 10.5 (Leopard) - Fibble.org
    04-18-09 08:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD