My wife and I just bought some BB Storms, we have t-mobile, so I unlocked the phones. We have a business and wanted to know if there was a way you could sync the calendar with Microsoft Outlook or is there another program we could use for that?
    02-11-09 06:19 PM
    yes you can use outlook
    02-11-09 06:34 PM
    How can you sync the Storm with outlook?
    02-11-09 06:38 PM
    Use desktop manager or like I did, use AstraSync.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 06:57 PM
    Install BB Desktop manager (DM) on the computer that you access outlook from, and you can set your synch options in DM. It is not an OTA Synch, but it will update your calendar and contacts when connected via USB.
    02-11-09 06:59 PM
    I recently purchased a new desktop and after installing programs and migrating my data from the old computer, I attempted to sync my Storm with Outlook. I have previously sync'd a Pearl, a Curve and my Storm with Outlook on my old computer and had no problem. However, when I try to set the sync configuration in DM, Outlook is not one of the available choices. I don't remember doing anything special to set it up before, but I can't figure out what I am missing! Any suggestions?
    02-12-09 01:23 AM
    try to update your dm software, maybe
    02-12-09 07:51 AM
    Although I was fairly certain I had the latest version of DM since I had downloaded it from the Blackberry site to install on my new computer, I just checked for updates. There are none. Anything else come to mind?
    02-12-09 08:42 AM
    Worked great for me using DM. 1751 contacts though...guess I have some deleting to do.

Thanks!
    Shayne
    Last edited by sghere; 02-12-09 at 09:17 AM.
    02-12-09 09:13 AM
    I am on Vista and I too do not have the option to sync my calendar. In Vista email, calendar and contacts are no longer called Outlook, it is simply windows mail......I am able to sync contacts, but not calander. I have never found a solution to this problem.
    02-12-09 09:41 AM
    Outlook seemed the only way I could get gmail to work in imap

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 09:51 AM
    Not sure if there is a different version of DM for the storm, but I just checked my version of DM and it is 4.7.0.25. I am using this on a Vista machine, and connecting to Outlook 2007. I have set up my synch settings to my outlook profile and have been able to select and synch my calendar, tasks, memos and contacts. When you go into your synch configuration, can you see your mapped folders in outlook, are you mapping to the correct folder in outlook.
    02-12-09 09:59 AM
    Thanks. Glad to hear there is hope. I have Vista and my DM is version 4.7.0.32. When I go to the sync configuration, Outlook is not listed as an option.
    02-12-09 10:04 AM
    Not sure, but I recall that I had to run a repair on my DM in order to set up the redirector software. I do not know if this is related to the synch issue with Outlook that you are referring to. I set it up so long ago, did you set up DM as BIS, or to connect to outlook, you may want to try running a repair or reinstall of DM and selecting to that you are using Outlook and not BIS. This does not prevent you from using BIS, just allows you to use redirector, and connect to your outlook profile.

Good luck.
    02-12-09 10:11 AM
    I have noticed that if you have outlook connector hooking up with a msn account it wont let you have that option. I had some trouble with that but i managed to get it to work.
    02-12-09 10:24 AM
    mine does not give me an option for outlook all it says is yahoo or ascII does any one know how to get outlook on that list?
    02-12-09 07:13 PM
    i use google calender sync to push my outlook calender once every hour over to google. i then use the google calender app on the storm to sync from google to my blackberry over the air; no need to use desktop manager.
    02-12-09 09:00 PM
    i use google calender sync to push my outlook calender once every hour over to google. i then use the google calender app on the storm to sync from google to my blackberry over the air; no need to use desktop manager.
    This works, I think it the only way to get your calender and contacts OTA. Mine is set up the same way and except i have mine sync more often.
    02-12-09 09:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD