I am a Verizon STORM user and I was trying to send my friend a PIN message, and I keep getting an error message. Has any other Verizon Storm or BB users had this problem?

My friend has a blackberry from T-Mobile does that make any difference also?
    02-25-09 07:19 PM
    What error message? And both involved users must have BlackBerry data plans.
    02-25-09 07:20 PM
    The following is the error messge that I get "Sent Using Peer to Peer Message Message Status Service Blocked" I tried to send it from the other persons phone and they get the same messge too. I want to know if it is on my end or their end. I do have the data plan on my phone. Maybe the other person doesn't have a data plan....Please help me!
    02-25-09 07:24 PM
    Are you on a company device? Or do you get your work email through your personal device? Sounds like they enabled peer to peer encryption keys if you are, in which case it doesnt allow PIN to PIN outside of the company.
    02-25-09 07:25 PM
    This device is for personal use I only use my gmail, yahoo, and black berry mail. When I contacted Verizon they said that they didn't see a block on my account. I need to find another blackberry user and see if they are able to send me a message
    02-25-09 07:28 PM
    send me a PM with your PIN number. Also check your firewall (options > security options > firewall) and make sure PINs are not blocked.
    02-25-09 07:29 PM
    Make sure your friend has a BB plan with t mobile... YOu can just have a BB w/o the internet or data plan and i think this prevents you from using things like BB messenger and internet on T-mo
    02-25-09 08:02 PM
    Bb messenger is indeed on the bn data plan as opposed to sms or mms texts. Therefore, if one or both users do not have the bb data plan, bb messenger will not work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 09:37 PM
    The only time I have seen a message like that was with a friends blackberry pearl that didn't have a current blackberry plan on it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 10:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD