I was trying out the video camera on my Storm tonight, but I either get an error saying the video can't be saved, or the unsupported format error. The videos save on the card anyway, but when I try to play them I get error messages. Anyone know wtf is up with this thing? I've tried soft resetting it and just reformatted my card. Any help is appreciated.
    12-18-08 12:38 AM
    same thing happens here.. i havent tried to figure it out yet though.
    12-18-08 12:42 AM
    yea me too. it says unexpected error. the video cannot be saved.

edit: i renamed it as was able to save. maybe that was the culprit?

edit again: I take that back. Now it wont play in the media player. It says its an unsupported format. Wtf?
    Last edited by n0t0ryus1; 12-18-08 at 12:46 AM.
    12-18-08 12:43 AM
    I was trying out the video camera on my Storm tonight, but I either get an error saying the video can't be saved, or the unsupported format error. The videos save on the card anyway, but when I try to play them I get error messages. Anyone know wtf is up with this thing? I've tried soft resetting it and just reformatted my card. Any help is appreciated.
    Hi All!

You have to save the file first. It's better for you to rename it anyways but even if you don't, it will play and is also capable of being sent as a file thru email.

Hit me up on BB IM if you are still having problems.

Happy Holidays!
    12-18-08 12:51 AM
    Hmm. I'm a ****** I guess. I actually read the manual, and it works. Click the green folder and click save. Also, change the video format to MMS.

EDIT: Tried it in the standard resolution and it works perfectly. Just be sure to click the green folder Icon and you're good to go. Some of the simplest things on other phones are a pain in the shytter on this phone.

DOUBLE EDIT: Saves fine to both system memory and the 8gb card. Also, if you want to send the video, be sure to convert it to MMS first.
    Last edited by Jaysus Cutler6; 12-18-08 at 01:01 AM.
    12-18-08 12:53 AM
    Hmm. I'm a ****** I guess. I actually read the manual, and it works. Click the green folder and click save. Also, change the video format to MMS.

EDIT: Tried it in the standard resolution and it works perfectly. Just be sure to click the green folder Icon and you're good to go. Some of the simplest things on other phones are a pain in the shytter on this phone.

DOUBLE EDIT: Saves fine to both system memory and the 8gb card. Also, if you want to send the video, be sure to convert it to MMS first.
    When I open a recorded video, I don't see an option to convert or send as MMS...I do see the option to send as MMS when I open a picture file. How do I convert a recorded video file to MMS to be able to send the video file as MMS?
    12-18-08 08:24 AM
    just tap the saved file once, hit the menu and then "send as MMS". Yes, the manual helps but much more fun to play and chat here!
    12-19-08 05:47 PM
    In the video/music player, if you have repeat checked, it will work. If repeat is not checked, it won't work. Try it and see if it works for you.
    12-20-08 07:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD