Saw the pics upfront on the home page.

But I did a search and haven't found any really good info on what all the buzz is about it? What's it gonna have that makes it cooler or better than a Storm? Every thread I found and read seemed to presuppose that everyone already knows about it... Guess I've been living under a rock or something but I'm clueless about it.
    03-14-09 03:50 PM
    It looks it's going to be another home run for Rim. Now on why it will be or not be better than the Storm I won't touch that with a 10 feet pole. All my flame resistant clothes are at the cleaners.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-09 04:03 PM
    Good call Shatiek....:: puts down aerosol can and lighter::....good call.

03-14-09 04:11 PM
    well I didn't mean to open a can of worms.
    Just trying to find out more about it from "those in the know."
    03-14-09 04:20 PM
    it is for those that cant live without an actual keyboard...lol might be good for my girlfriend but I still like the storm more.
    03-14-09 04:25 PM
    Eh no real reasons. I guess the biggest reason people are excited are because they want to stay w verizon but verizon doesn't have the new curve. Also the new bb has the faster processer like the bold and is 3g unlike the new curve. Also some people prefer the size of the curve but the keyboard of the 8830. And because this phone is a mix of the 2 it will have the keyboard of the 8830 and bold, but be smaller then the 8830 and bold. Lastly I'm sure some people went to the storm but afterwards decided they need a full keyboard. This is there answer as well
    03-14-09 04:36 PM
    I don't think it will "stop" the Storm per se, but it will be much preferred over the Storm by RIM's traditional base of customers -- business power users.
    03-14-09 04:39 PM
    I guess because there are the busy people and there are the somewhat busy people.

03-14-09 04:49 PM
    This is the storms replacement. Since rim can't fix the storm there dropping it.... RIP STORM.....

03-14-09 05:37 PM
    There are some people who did not like SurePress and want an updated BB.

I love my Storm but if I had to use a BB for work all day 3-5 days a week I would want a physical keyboard and trackball. There are days when I use my BB all day for work and I get through but only because I do not need to send 100 emails a day.

Now the 9900..there is a device I do not get. Unless the new selection/cut and paste software for the Storm is "all that" I cannot see why someone would want a smaller Storm-like screen and physical keyboard but without a trackball.
    03-14-09 06:11 PM
    Eh no real reasons. I guess the biggest reason people are excited are because they want to stay w verizon but verizon doesn't have the new curve. Also the new bb has the faster processer like the bold and is 3g unlike the new curve. Also some people prefer the size of the curve but the keyboard of the 8830. And because this phone is a mix of the 2 it will have the keyboard of the 8830 and bold, but be smaller then the 8830 and bold. Lastly I'm sure some people went to the storm but afterwards decided they need a full keyboard. This is there answer as well
    well put Jon. I couldn't have "splained" it better myself.
    03-14-09 06:18 PM
    Im just wondering how much the MRSP is going to be on that bad boy.
    03-14-09 06:21 PM
    well put Jon. I couldn't have "splained" it better myself.
    wonderful input. +1
    Just what I was looking for, sort of a Cliffs notes on the Niagra.
    thanks for the info
    03-14-09 06:40 PM
    Its a simple choice really. If you choose one then you lose some of the options of the other. Do you want a track ball or not? Do you want the physical keyboard or bigger screen? Do you want a flip phone or you don't? No one Blackberry will top the other. Your not going to find an all perfect Blackberry. Rim knows this, that's why we are giving.....options.
    Last edited by Jascias; 03-14-09 at 06:49 PM.
    03-14-09 06:45 PM
    They think its going to be better because its the newest thing to come out. Only reason in my opinion

03-14-09 07:21 PM
    This is the storms replacement. Since rim can't fix the storm there dropping it.... RIP STORM.....

Always one...lol
    03-14-09 07:43 PM
    The only thing that will beat the Storm is an LTE Storm next year. Say NO to qwerty keyboards.
    03-14-09 07:58 PM
    Good call Shatiek....:: puts down aerosol can and lighter::....good call.

ROTFLMAO!!
    03-15-09 10:49 AM
    The Niagara also has a better browser. It is faster and is better at handling Java.
    03-15-09 11:03 AM
    Double the app memory to begin with. 256 instead of a measly 128. The slight possibility of it having wifi. BGR reported last that it wouldn't, but I know for a fact that dev units had it, so we'll see. But even so, it won't touch the Storm's screen size.

03-15-09 11:58 AM
    It's also got a 600mhz dual core processor whereas the storm only has a 400 or so mhz dual core. That little annoying loading icon which appears in the middle of the screen when the storm struggles to keep up with google maps, or even just fast screen transitions, will be less common.
    03-15-09 12:14 PM
    I like my Stormy better, ohh ****, I wasn't supposed to say my Stormy's nickname outloud, Ohh **** I said it again!
    03-15-09 12:35 PM
    This probably sums it up best but if I can get a few of the kinks worked out in the OS updates then I will probably stick with my Storm.
    03-15-09 12:43 PM
    lets face it,at this point Anything would be better than the Storm.
    03-15-09 12:57 PM
    Faster processor, more app memory, slightly more refined OS, may have WiFi. Overall better BlackBerry.

03-15-09 01:10 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD