So on my Curve I could customize every sound profile, and switching between them worked just fine, and any custom profile worked as well.

So on the storm...apparently you have "Normal"...and everything else like "Loud" and "Medium" apparently don't work...as in if you change any setting the change takes place in ALL settings. Yes I know you can make custom profiles and they work fine, but I want to change the "Medium" to basically a work profile where I have all the alerts at a minimal volume and the phone still at normal volume. What am I doing wrong?
    12-13-08 07:24 PM
    i found this a little weird too, but i dont think theres a way to change the individual pre-set profiles. id love it if someone could prove me wrong though!
    12-13-08 07:29 PM
    i found this a little weird too, but i dont think theres a way to change the individual pre-set profiles. id love it if someone could prove me wrong though!
    ..., you can't even see HOW they are set, any changes you make are just to the Normal profile. .... Why would you be able to customize these on an older BB and not this??
    Last edited by JeffH; 12-13-08 at 07:44 PM. Reason: language
    12-13-08 07:33 PM
    You can make custom vibrate or medium etc.. Custom profiles work. I can't imagine they don't intend to fix the preloaded ones soon. Seems like this would have tested before release..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-08 07:40 PM
    You can make custom vibrate or medium etc.. Custom profiles work. I can't imagine they don't intend to fix the preloaded ones soon. Seems like this would have tested before release..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Read the OP.

Yes I know you can make custom profiles and they work fine, but I want to change the "Medium" to basically a work profile where I have all the alerts at a minimal volume and the phone still at normal volume.
    12-13-08 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD