this is from verizons web site. i dont understand. I highlighted some areas in the contract details. The first part says they will take returns through January 15th but the rest of the contract says 30 days and thats it. I called a CSR agent and they said im past the 30 days so there is nothing they can do. So again how does this Jan 15th do anything for people since the rest of it all says 30 days and the CSRs say 30 days???

Holiday Returns: All purchases made between November 16 and December 15, 2008 may be returned or exchanged through January 15, 2009. All other provisions of Verizon Wireless' Return and Exchange policy, and Verizon Wireless' Test Drive program, still apply.

Phone/Accessory Return Policy

The following applies to our calling plans except Prepay plans, which are governed by our Verizon Wireless INpulse Return Policy.

We will gladly accept returns or make exchanges on all merchandise purchased from Verizon Wireless within 30 days of purchase.

Satisfaction Guarantee
    You may terminate service for any reason within 30 days of activation. If you purchased equipment from us at a promotional price at the time of activation, you must return that equipment to avoid being assessed a $175 Early Termination Fee. You will remain responsible for your Activation Fee unless you terminate service within 3 days of activation. You will also be responsible for all applicable usage fees, prorated access charges, taxes, surcharges or other charges that accrued to your account through the termination date. A $35 restocking fee will apply if you exchange your device for a different model or color, or if you return your device and within three days purchase another one. If you paid a security deposit, it may take between 30 and 60 days to process the return of your security deposit. The charges for any service used on the account before the service termination date may be applied against your security deposit.

Return and Service Termination
    You may return any or all of your merchandise for any reason within 30 days of purchase.

The original customer receipt must accompany all returns.

If you cancel your service after the 30–day period, but prior to the expiration of your minimum term, you will be responsible for the Activation Fee, all applicable usage fees, access charges, taxes, surcharges or other charges that accrued to your account through the termination date, including an Early Termination Fee of up to $175.

If you return your merchandise, even by mistake, more than 30 days after your purchase, you will not receive a refund and the merchandise you returned will not be returned to you.

At our discretion, we may decline your return or charge you a fee for a missing item, or for items that we determine are damaged or require service. If you return and we accept your merchandise within the 30–day return period, we will refund your merchandise's purchase price. If you return a phone without a UPC on the box, the amount of the refund will be reduced by the amount of any mail–in rebate that was available for the phone at the time of purchase. Purchases made by cash or check, credit card or gift card will be refunded by check, credit card or gift card, respectively.

If you received your merchandise through a "Buy One, Get One Free" or similar offer, both items must be returned in order to receive a refund. If you received a discount based on the purchase of an item, the return of that item will result in the forfeit of the discount, which may be deducted from any refund amount. For exchanges for the same merchandise make and model, only the item to be exchanged needs to be included. If Verizon Wireless must remove installed equipment from a vehicle or fixed location in order to return or exchange it, you will be charged a service fee.

If Verizon Wireless must remove installed equipment from a vehicle or fixed location in order to return or exchange it, you will be charged a service fee.

Opened software purchased separately may be exchanged only for the exact same item at a Verizon Wireless Communications Store and may not be returned for refund.

Before returning or exchanging any product that has data in its memory, please transfer all files you wish to retain to another file source. Once the product is returned, your files cannot be recovered.

This return policy does not apply to customers who have purchased a Prepay Plan.

Because the FCC requires that carriers convert nearly all of their devices to GPS capability, Verizon Wireless will no longer allow non–GPS phones to be activated on our network. If you upgrade from a non–GPS–capable to a GPS–capable phone and then return it within the 30–day period, Verizon Wireless will not allow the older non–GPS–capable phone back on our network. We will, however, allow you to exchange your new phone for another GPS–capable device that will meet your needs.

View Return/Exchange Procedures

Gift Card Returns
    Gift Cards can be returned at a Verizon Wireless Communications Store within 30 days of the date of purchase if accompanied by the receipt. If the Gift Card was purchased from the Verizon Wireless online store, please visit your nearest Verizon Wireless Communications Store to process the return. The online store is unable to process gift card returns.

Exchange New Merchandise
    Within 30 days of purchase of new merchandise, you may exchange it one time. In order to make the exchange, return the merchandise (including phone, charger, battery, instructions, etc.) in its ORIGINAL box. All merchandise must be in like–new condition. Please have your customer receipt available as proof of purchase. A $35 restocking fee will apply.

Shipping charges may apply to exchange merchandise sent to you by Verizon Wireless.

If you purchased your merchandise from the Verizon Wireless Online Store or over the phone from one of our Telemarketing or Customer Service Representatives, please contact the phone number on your customer receipt for additional details on completing your exchange.

If you purchased your merchandise from a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, please contact the store for additional information on completing your exchange.

If you purchased your merchandise from another retailer, the retailer's exchange policy applies.

Device Exchange Program

If you're having a problem with your device, just contact Verizon Wireless toll–free at 1.866.406.5154 from a landline phone. We'll diagnose the issue with you right over the phone. If we cannot resolve the problem while you're on the line and the problem is caused by a manufacturing defect within the first year you own the device, we'll send you a Certified Like–New Replacement (either a like unit or one of comparable quality) right to your door at no cost to you.

If you call us after the return and exchange period, the device you receive may be reconditioned equipment. Certified Like–New Replacements will carry the remaining warranty period from the original device, or 90 days, whichever is greater.

If the original one–year warranty period has expired and you are not enrolled in the Extended Warranty or Total Equipment Coverage programs, Verizon Wireless will assess a fee if you wish to replace a defective device due to electrical malfunction or manufacturer defect. You have 15 days from the date of activation of a new device to enroll in Extended Warranty or Total Equipment Coverage. The deductible fee for Certified Like–New Replacements after one year from original purchase is $50.

Devices subjected to neglect, misuse, liquid damage, unreasonable wear and tear and the like, are not eligible for any return or exchange program. This program does not cover devices on Prepaid Accounts or lost or stolen devices.

These policies do not limit or supersede any existing manufacturer's warranties. This program may be considered to be a "warranty" or "service contract" in certain states. In these states, please refer to the Extended Limited Warranty or Service Contract brochure for full details.

Verizon Wireless INpulse Return Policy and Important Information

If you do not agree to the terms of the Prepay Customer Agreement and don't want to accept, don't do any of the things below:

Give us a written or electronic signature;
    Tell us orally or electronically that you accept;
    Initialize your account (If you activate service by using a card, then you initialize your account when you scratch the coating on the PIN on the back of the card. If you activate service without using a card, then you initialize your account when you make a call.);
    Open a package that says you are accepting by opening it; or
    Use the service after making any change or addition when we've told you that the change or addition requires acceptance.
    You can cancel without additional fees if you tell us (and return to us in good condition any wireless phone and/or any card you got from us with your new service) WITHIN 30 DAYS of the date of purchase with the original sales receipt. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GRANTED AFTER 30 DAYS OR IF THE CARD HAS BEEN USED, IF THE COATING HAS BEEN SCRATCHED OFF OR IF THE ACCOUNT HAS BEEN INITIALIZED.

Last Updated 11/16/08
    Last edited by loudsystem; 01-03-09 at 09:30 AM.
    01-03-09 09:27 AM
    the January 15th date refers to purchases made between the middle of november and the middle of december. If you purchased your phone after that period, then you have 30 days to exchange/return etc from the date you purchased. Its pretty simple.
    01-03-09 09:30 AM
    The first part says they will take returns through January 15th but the rest of the contract says 30 days and thats it. I called a CSR agent and they said im past the 30 days so there is nothing they can do. So again how does this Jan 15th do anything for people since the rest of it all says 30 days and the CSRs say 30 days???
    Call and speak with a different CSR who actually understands the Storm return policy. The policy states that anyone who bought between Nov 16th and Dec 15th has until Jan 15th because that's like 30 days. Any phone bought after Dec 15th has 30 days which will be to or past Jan 15th.

I really can't understand what you don't understand about this policy.
    01-03-09 09:44 AM
    Call and speak with a different CSR who actually understands the Storm return policy. The policy states that anyone who bought between Nov 16th and Dec 15th has until Jan 15th because that's like 30 days. Any phone bought after Dec 15th has 30 days which will be to or past Jan 15th.

I really can't understand what you don't understand about this policy.
    the 2 CSRs i spoke to said i cant return mine because its past 30 days.
    01-03-09 09:56 AM
    I just again and the CSR said no the 30 days is past blah blah

i said why does your web site state this ( i read the first paragraph of the return policy ) she said oh.. she was quiet for 20 seconds then said if you want you can bring your phone back and swap it out for a different model at no charge but you cant cancel your service.

So thats good. Maybe ill just switch to the curve
    01-03-09 10:04 AM
    isn't there a one year warrenty on the phone? or is this return is if people don't like the phone?
    01-03-09 10:14 AM
    I just again and the CSR said no the 30 days is past blah blah

i said why does your web site state this ( i read the first paragraph of the return policy ) she said oh.. she was quiet for 20 seconds then said if you want you can bring your phone back and swap it out for a different model at no charge but you cant cancel your service.

So thats good. Maybe ill just switch to the curve
    Did you talk to a CSR or did you talk to a rep in the store? Store reps don't know ****. Call #611 if you want to get things accomplished.
    01-03-09 11:30 AM
    I had three different CSR's tell me the same thing. They kept saying my 30 days were up and blah blah. However, I told them that their policy states that "purchases made between ....have until jan 15th" they still were not understanding but the last one said that she would be able to send me out a phone since it was "close enough" to my 30 day. I think it was like the day after my "30 days" were up.

I called 1800-922-6264 i think.. (something along the lines of that)

Also, my phone came in a cardboard box containing just a phone with a SIM card and battery cover FRU9530, I hope it was a new unit. Either way it still works way better than my previous storm.
    01-03-09 11:52 AM
    isn't there a one year warrenty on the phone? or is this return is if people don't like the phone?
    No matter what they are telling you you DEFINITELY have till Jan 15th to return exchange as many times as you want if you bought between 11/16 and 12/15. That is a fact and they are lying to you if they tell you any different.

Here's the deal. Its simple.....sorta.

You have 30 days to do pretty much whatever you want. This is called the 30 day "Guarantee" You could have 5 replacements sent to you if the one you have isn't working properly. I am on my 4th replacement due to screen click issues. The key of course is being very straight forward and definitive when they ask you what the problem is....I recommend the phrase "my screen is unresponsive" Some reps are obviously more accommodating that others. Call *611 and hope you get a good rep. If you don't, just hang up and call back.

You also have a 1 year "warranty" which means if anything happens to your phone within 1 year of purchase they will replace it however there are a few more hoops to jump through. This includes screen click issues, hardware problems, etc. This IS NOT phone insurance. That's different entirely. You pay for it and those claims are handled by assurion. The warranty is through VZW.
    01-03-09 12:32 PM
    No matter what they are telling you you DEFINITELY have till Jan 15th to return exchange as many times as you want if you bought between 11/16 and 12/15. That is a fact and they are lying to you if they tell you any different.

Here's the deal. Its simple.....sorta.

You have 30 days to do pretty much whatever you want. This is called the 30 day "Guarantee" You could have 5 replacements sent to you if the one you have isn't working properly. I am on my 4th replacement due to screen click issues. The key of course is being very straight forward and definitive when they ask you what the problem is....I recommend the phrase "my screen is unresponsive" Some reps are obviously more accommodating that others. Call *611 and hope you get a good rep. If you don't, just hang up and call back.

You also have a 1 year "warranty" which means if anything happens to your phone within 1 year of purchase they will replace it however there are a few more hoops to jump through. This includes screen click issues, hardware problems, etc. This IS NOT phone insurance. That's different entirely. You pay for it and those claims are handled by assurion. The warranty is through VZW.
    This is what I was interested in. I haven't had any problems with my phone until last night when it wasn't clicking the way it should have. A few weeks before, I was testing with the torx fix and it seemed to click better than before, although I really didn't have any problems with the click. So last night, I went to unlock it to read my email and it ALMOST didn't click. So I tried tightening one of the torx screws so that it was snug (not too tight) and it clicked like a champ. I was about 2 seconds from taking it into a store to have it looked at, but it worked.

Previously, I had an 8830 and the trackball quit clicking. So after having had the phone for about 6 months, I took it in and had them diagnose the fact it DIDN'T WORK. To my surprise, they said, just call this number and they'll ship you out another phone, no charge. So with the Storm, I was wondering if this applied and I believe from the above post that it does. YAY!!! Now all I have to do is NOT cause any damage to it.
    01-21-09 01:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD