I have an issue with my Gmail. I recently updated to 5.0.0.328. I can receive emails just fine. However, I can only send emails to contacts with a saved email address or reply to emails that have come to my inbox. for example, I receive an email from a friend, I can reply just fine. If I type that email in the "To" field, the envelope icon to send the message is grayed out. I resent service books, per another thread, but to no avail.HELP!!!
    04-19-10 03:29 PM
    same here

i have to create as contact first, then add contact thru "to/cc/bcc" and only then the send button will be press-able
    04-19-10 05:35 PM
    Go to the email setup folder or logon to your provider's BIS site and delete your gmail acct. Afterwards, re-create it. That *should* solve your dilemma.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks for the reply, but that did not work. Any one else? it's more annoying than anything. It's really not a nuisance. But now that I have discovered this issue on my phone, IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!
    04-19-10 05:51 PM
    After you type in the "To" field, hit enter to get another blank one. This has always solved my issue when it came to this problem.
    04-20-10 07:48 AM
    After you type in the "To" field, hit enter to get another blank one. This has always solved my issue when it came to this problem.

That seemed to have worked...I wonder if hitting enter completes the "To" field. I noticed that if i saved a draft, it wouldnt save the email adddress i putt in the "To" field. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
    04-20-10 11:20 AM
    I noticed that if i saved a draft, it wouldnt save the email adddress i putt in the "To" field. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
    yeah same here
    04-22-10 12:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD