Like say your looking at your contacts, when you scroll up and down, it stops soon as your finger leaves, i know with my old lg dare, it would scroll even after your finger left depending on how hard you scrolled up or down... any options for this?
    02-26-09 08:35 PM
    Nope, momentum scrolling isn't on the storm in any shape or form, maybe in the future.
    02-26-09 08:36 PM
    is this something they can update with the O.S then?
    02-26-09 08:40 PM
    It's possible, up to RIM though if they ever want to add it.
    02-26-09 08:51 PM
    Since Palm is getting sued for this by Apple, I doubt RIM is jumping at the chance to add flick scrolling.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 09:10 PM
    Is it fact that the LG Dare has it? If so why can't the Storm?
    02-26-09 09:19 PM
    Cos Apple had virtually monopolised the so-called flick scrolling, enshrined in their iPhone OS. Interesting, but sad.
    02-26-09 09:47 PM
    To answer the question posed in your subject, yes, the phone can scroll.

To answer the question you actually intended to ask, no, there is no flick scrolling except in certain apps that are coded to enable it (and usually they do it poorly).
    02-26-09 09:50 PM
    kf6tac is correct, try the AP (associated press)app... flick scrolling when checking different news articles
    02-26-09 10:12 PM
    Gmail app has both flick scrolling and a working scroll bar on the right. Its just software.

02-26-09 10:38 PM
    i had an HtC with this on it and quiet frankly if the storm does get it i wont be upgrading to that OS found it too annoying but that's just me
    02-27-09 04:59 AM
    Since Palm is getting sued for this by Apple, I doubt RIM is jumping at the chance to add flick scrolling.

Posted from my Crack Berry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Oh your kidding... Suing for THAT? Imho that's an example of frivolous lawsuit. Whether apple wins or loses the customers pay 100% of the tab.

02-27-09 08:54 AM
    Nope, momentum scrolling isn't on the storm in any shape or form, maybe in the future.
    A bit off topic, but momentum is a directionless force that basically just says that something will keep moving. The direction and speed don't necessarily have to remain fixed. What you meant to say, but probably just forgot because it's early, is inertial scrolling. Inertia implying that it will keep moving in the same direction.

And this whole thing has been done to death. We got a horse, killed it, beat it, then continued beating it until it was little more than a puddle of sticky goo. The long and short of it is... Some apps have this feature, but implementing it at an app level is a very different story from implementing it at a system level. You may know how to build a computer, for example, but do you know how to build the individual components? As in, if I handed you all the parts needed to make a video card, could you do it? This is similar to what it would be like to implement a feature like this at the system level as opposed to the app level.
    02-27-09 09:02 AM
    I like the flick scroll I hope they add it in a future os... And I agree apple sues companies for the worst reasons. Isn't imitation the highest form of flattery? Why hurt them?

02-27-09 09:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD