I have an annoying problem.
    First my phone is paired to a Bluetooth Headset. The phone is mounted in my car in the "Landscape" orientation.

What happens is when I'm in a call I can not get the phones keypad to come up so that I can 1 enter my password for my VM, or enter the "Extension" of the party I wish to talk to.

I get the flash, hangup, and one other option on the screen, but no way to bring up the keypad.

If anybody has any ideas I would appreciate them.
    03-01-09 11:41 AM
    1. Click the green phone button, click the BB button and select options, select Voice Mail, enter your password here and the phone will automatically enter it if you use your voice mail speed dial.

2. When in a call and the phone on its side I still have the portrait screen and buttons and the key pad buttons brings up the keypad in portrait mode. BTW I'm running .103 OS.
    03-01-09 12:24 PM
    I have seen what you describe in #2, but not all the time. I think it has more to do when I enter the call via "Handsfree". I'm going to try and get a better feel for it this week during my normal work commute.
    03-01-09 01:09 PM
    yeah the keypad is only accessible in portrait mode
    03-01-09 01:28 PM
    I have seen what you describe in #2, but not all the time. I think it has more to do when I enter the call via "Handsfree". I'm going to try and get a better feel for it this week during my normal work commute.
    I tried it with Bluetooth paired in my car on the way home and it behaved just as I posted earlier, I can get the keypad to come up but it is side ways.
    03-01-09 03:54 PM
    I have been mentioning this thing to people for a while now. RIM needs to change the OS so that every time the phone is used for calls it's only in portrait mode. This includes forcing the screen orientation to lock in portrait when a call comes in.
    03-01-09 04:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD