Can I swap my curve for a storm without having to change to verizons plan from alltel

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have two curves on my alltel plan which is $160 a month (with tethering) and my stepdaughter wants a Blackberry Storm. My mom has a storm on Verizon, and hates the touch screen so she wants to trade with me. Is that possible now that I am on verizon also, or will they be hateful and make me change my plan, which would then cost over $240 (with tethering)? They told me I could stay with alltel's rates when I changed over, and one customer service rep said I could use a storm, and another one said I could not. Ugh. Does anyone know?
    07-14-09 11:22 AM
    You can use the storm. Do the changeover online. Or call the store and ask the rep, if they say no, call back and ask a diffrent one till they say yes. Most will want you to change plans. Just tell them no.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 12:48 PM
    Don't have an answer for your question but I do know that Verizon acquired Alltel a while back. Now I know in certain areas there are still Alltel and it seems it's competing with Verizon but I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't the same company, just under another name.
    07-14-09 01:11 PM
    I went in on the 4th at 11am with alltel and walked out at 1245 with verizon my whole family got new phones i got the storm my bro got the touch2 or something and both my parents got curves huge up grade from alltels crappy phones we got huge discounts on the actual phones and changed our plan around where we have unlimited everything internet text the works for about 25 dollars more a month than with alltel. The best part about it was the heart attack my mom had when she opened the final alltel bill that was close to 1200 dollars for early termination fees haha yeh right you got bought out you dont exist anymore. The verizon rep said that they are allowing people to upgrade this way in order to prevent verizon to have to hold on to alltels stock as a seperate entity of verizon and the quicker they can transition people the quicker alltel will be no more. AMEN. Those ****ty commercials with chad will be off too. AMEN.

PS my mom didnt really have a heart attack
    07-14-09 01:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD