I don't get it. The Storm is selling for around $700 on ebay.
    I am a Verizon customer already, using the upgrade feature, I purchased the storm, can this phone be re-sold on ebay to a third party? If not where are these phones coming from? thank you.
    11-21-08 10:36 PM
    ^People buy them unlocked and resell them.
    11-21-08 10:46 PM
    thanks for response........

I assume the phone I buy is locked

How do I unlock it?

I would think I have to register the phone with verizon under my acct and then transfer it.
    11-21-08 10:49 PM
    thanks for response........

I assume the phone I buy is locked

How do I unlock it?

I would think I have to register the phone with verizon under my acct and then transfer it.
    Call Technical Support at VZW & have them unlock it for you.
    11-21-08 10:55 PM
    Yes Verizon Storm can be resold on eBay ... No it doesn't need to be unlocked.
    11-21-08 11:25 PM
    Just go online and switch the esn on the phones to your old phone then create the auction. It's a quick way to make a quick buck.
    11-21-08 11:26 PM
    I have current Verizon service.
    I have not received the Storm yet, but should have it on Mon/Tues of this coming week.
    I have a current Verizon phone, of course with ESN number, so are you saying to first switch it to the Storm when the phone arrives, and then switch it back to my old phone?
    11-22-08 07:29 AM
    No you just need to activate your storm, once you do your old VZN will have a clean ESN which any other user with a Verizon can activate. The key is to be sure you deactivate the old phone.
    11-22-08 08:38 AM
    Yes you can sell it, but you'll have to reactivate your old phone if you have one. You won't be eligible to get a new phone again until you 2 year contract expires, so I hope you love your old phone enough to keep it for 2 more years.
    11-22-08 10:06 AM
    Looks like storms are going for atleast 750$ on Ebay right now, and with new orders not being shipped to what appears to be sometime in mid December I would say you would at least get that if not more. You can buy a brand new Curve for $400 and still have money to burn.
    11-22-08 10:08 AM
    Please further excuse my ignorance...........

Can I receive the Storm in the mail, and just go ahead and resell it to a 3rd party? If I do not activate the Storm, will Verizon charge me full price, not the upgraded price? I also want to keep my current phone/VZN service. So what are the steps to do this?

thanks.
    11-22-08 10:16 AM
    Please further excuse my ignorance...........

Can I receive the Storm in the mail, and just go ahead and resell it to a 3rd party? If I do not activate the Storm, will Verizon charge me full price, not the upgraded price? I also want to keep my current phone/VZN service. So what are the steps to do this?

thanks.
    As far as I know, you have to physically activate the the phone and pay for the fees, and then resell it.
    11-22-08 10:20 AM
    Just don't activate the phone. To be clear, you must have another phone on your Verizon ESN (phone) to put on your account. If you have already activated your storm, you will need to swap it with your old phone. Go to account management on vzw.com and hit activate a phone. It will ask what number you want to activate (if you have multiples) and than it will ask what the ESN is of the phone you want to activate.

Once you finish that you will need to power down the storm, call into *228 from the old phone hit option 1 and it will reprogram that phone over the air. At that point your storm is de-registered, obviously this will work best if you have another Blackberry to activate. If your trying to do this with some other type of dumb phone your going to need to talk to VZW first to make sure that your plan is modified.

Key is you need to have another phone ready to activate first.
    11-22-08 10:23 AM
    Looks like storms are going for atleast 750$ on Ebay right now, and with new orders not being shipped to what appears to be sometime in mid December I would say you would at least get that if not more. You can buy a brand new Curve for $400 and still have money to burn.
    Storms can be bought new for $500 full retail. At a going rate of $750 you can eBay the Storm, buy one full retail from Best Buy in December and pocket $250 for the extra month of dealing with your old phone. Of course that is a lot of hassle for only $250. YMMV in this economy.
    11-22-08 10:43 AM
    I recently upgraded two new Driod X phones with telling verizon one phone is for me and the other phone is for my girlfriend which they gave me a new cell phone number for. However, I wanted to make some cash!!! So, I would like to sell them on Ebay. I have not activated them so, If I sell them on Ebay. Should I not activate them before I sell them or do I activate them and then use my old cell phones ESN number to deactivate them to make useable for another person to buy?
    07-18-10 07:26 PM
    ?Im sorry if you have already explained this but I have a question with the iphone 5s:
    If I buy Iphone 5s from the store at $199 under the Verizon price and I wanna sell it on eBay then what procedure must I follow so that a) I don't have a contract and pay for the monthly line with Verizon b) when the customer tries to activate the phone it doesn't read as stolen c) what are the steps I must do???? so I can sell this on eBay but buy it at a 199 price PLEASE HELP!!! First time doing this!:apple:

Do I need to buy an unlocked phone to sell on eBay for
    09-28-13 03:18 PM
    If you "buy it from the store at $199", then you WILL have a contract. A TWO year contract, in fact. $199 is the SUBSIDIZED price.

If you do not want to "have contract", then you need to purchase the device at FULL RETAIL PRICE.
    09-28-13 06:22 PM
    ?Im sorry if you have already explained this but I have a question with the iphone 5s:
    If I buy Iphone 5s from the store at $199 under the Verizon price and I wanna sell it on eBay then what procedure must I follow so that a) I don't have a contract and pay for the monthly line with Verizon b) when the customer tries to activate the phone it doesn't read as stolen c) what are the steps I must do???? so I can sell this on eBay but buy it at a 199 price PLEASE HELP!!! First time doing this!:apple:

Do I need to buy an unlocked phone to sell on eBay for
    I'm on sprint I have gotten a phone on contract price. Then turn around sell it haven't had any issues. I have 3 lines my son has flip phone and his not getting a smartphone til he can pay for his own bill.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 06:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD