Can someone give me a solution to a problem I'm having? When I get on websites and try to watch video it says I need to download a flashplayer but it won't download for my storm. How do I fix this? Is there a flashplayer for the storm or just another way to view the videos? Some of the sites I go to are even for mobile use and it still won't play.
    Last edited by pkcable; 05-31-09 at 02:10 AM. Reason: made title descriptive
    05-30-09 11:37 AM
    This is the wrong section of the forum, but to answer, no there is no native flash player for the Storm, or any BlackBerry at this current time.
    05-30-09 12:00 PM
    go into your options, go to advanced opt., scroll down to tcp/ip, your apn settings should say, wap.voicestream.com. Your apn authentication should be in capitol letters, WAP.VOICESTREAM.COM, THEN YOU CAN WAYCH ALL THE VIDEOS YOU WANT.
    05-30-09 12:26 PM
    go into your options, go to advanced opt., scroll down to tcp/ip, your apn settings should say, wap.voicestream.com. Your apn authentication should be in capitol letters, WAP.VOICESTREAM.COM, THEN YOU CAN WAYCH ALL THE VIDEOS YOU WANT.
    Anddddd this wont help him, or anyone else, with flash at all.
    05-30-09 01:21 PM
    No flash player on the Storm, you can sit there and play with the settings allll day long it will inevitably do ...nothing.

Moved to Storm section, godspeed to you.
    05-30-09 01:39 PM
    I'm for the most part happy with the storm but why would they leave out something that is used so much and so vital to getting the most of the internet.
    05-30-09 09:37 PM
    It's not just BB. To the best of my knowledge (and I could be proven wrong), there is no phone that can run Flash. Apparently, it's complicated.

Grey
    05-30-09 10:36 PM
    Can someone give me a solution to a problem I'm having? When I get on websites and try to watch video it says I need to download a flashplayer but it won't download for my storm. How do I fix this? Is there a flashplayer for the storm or just another way to view the videos? Some of the sites I go to are even for mobile use and it still won't play.
    there is no flashplayer for any blackberrys
    05-31-09 12:11 AM
    Since no-one else mentioned it, I'll throw this out there.

In your Browser, go into Options | Browser Configuration and make sure your Browser Identification is set to "Blackberry", not FireFox or Internet Explorer. Then, if the site your visiting is Mobile friendly, you will be able to see the videos they provided in a compatible format, instead of being told to install Flash.
    05-31-09 12:37 AM
    There is a browser in early testing that will provide some flash support, called Skyfire. There is no word from the company regarding Storm support, but currently they are doing a closed test on the Bold.

Right now there is no flash support for any BB. Stay tuned, cross your fingers for Storm support.

Ok NOW, please remember to ..(from our Forum Posting Rules)......

Use a Descriptive Title
    This rule is simple; help us to help you. When you create your thread / post, think of it as if 'somone else' is reading it. With that in mind, make your subject lines related to the content of your post. Having a subject line of 'help' or 'now what', will not really help others later when they do a search for a particular issue. So, try to be a little more creative. Example: “My Pearl will not show myFaves icons” or “How do I use BB Maps on my 8100”
    05-31-09 02:09 AM
    damn, having Flash on the Storm would be amazing!
    05-31-09 04:17 AM
    Thanks C JSELLERSJR for thr information. Very usefull.
    05-31-09 06:10 AM
    The only phone that has flash support is the lg versa. It amazes me that a simple mobile phone could get flash support before a blackberry or other smartphones

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 07:11 AM
    The only phone that has flash support is the lg versa. It amazes me that a simple mobile phone could get flash support before a blackberry or other smartphones

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Me too. But my guess is since is a simpler phone is why. RIM throw's in alot of bells and whistles in there BlackBerry's it must be something they are trying to develop but can't get a handle on yet given the obvious space constraints.
    05-31-09 10:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD